• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Jewelers Question

21 posts in this topic

I have a Daredevil 158 with the MJ insert.

My question is what kind of premium does it add to the price?

I have zero experience selling them.

Thanks! :foryou:

I have a Daredevil 158 with the MJ insert.

My question is what kind of premium does it add to the price?

I have zero experience selling them.

Thanks! :foryou:

[font:Book Antiqua]Three fifty...

Sorry, I cannot help myself to post that,

Anyway, I would say that I don’t have notice

any real difference in premiums pay for this kind of books...

They should?

In my opinion. Yes.

They are a kind of Variants for the mainstream books. Like the 35 Cents books.

Maybe the market it’s not really aware of this kind of books...[/font]

(shrug)

I certainly can't get double the price of a regular issue for mine. Slight increase, if any at all, is all I get.

Then again, I have not tried selling a key issue like DD 158, so ymmv.

You sell to MCS, why don't you have a look see as to what they pay for both books. Let me know what you find out :idea:

I certainly can't get double the price of a regular issue for mine. Slight increase, if any at all, is all I get.

You sell to MCS, why don't you have a look see as to what they pay for both books. Let me know what you find out :idea:

Taking notes Dice?

Taking notes Dice?

Yeah. MCS pays $30.70 for a 158 in VF.

The same VF with the MJ insert, they pay $23.04 :eek:

Taking notes Dice?

I had this same question about a Tomb of Dracula 10. I've got a Mark Jeweler copy, and there isn't much pricing information about them. I can tell you that both Mile High and Lone Star charge more for them. However, MCS pays less for at least these two Mark Jeweler 'variants'. Perhaps because, due to the premium they charge, they sit around for longer waiting on a Mark Jeweler collector who needs that particular issue?

Taking notes Dice?

I had this same question about a Tomb of Dracula 10. I've got a Mark Jeweler copy, and there isn't much pricing information about them. I can tell you that both Mile High and Lone Star charge more for them. However, MCS pays less for at least these two Mark Jeweler 'variants'. Perhaps because, due to the premium they charge, they sit around for longer waiting on a Mark Jeweler collector who needs that particular issue?

Interesting

hm

I have had several hundred MJ variants over the years. And though they are obviously scarcer than regular issues, they are more likely to be high-grade. The stiff center inserts actually act somewhat to protect the comics, especially against folds and creases. So ultra high-grade copies of MJ issues might possibly be more common than some standard issues in the same grade... (shrug)

I've never even seen a Mark Jewelers insert. I'm a big Spidey collector and own most of the books from those years. I'd love to get my hands on one but I've just never seen one.

I believe they sell for more over on MyComicShop the few times I've seen them listed. I don't think it is big money though.

Sorry might not have been the most helpful.

Had many come through my hands over the years...which old school boarders remember the Mildenhall collection? :whee:

Generally, we charge a small premium...10% for MJ books...and the comments regarding them helping protect the books is spot-on. (thumbs u

:hi: