• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAGA RRP Club Thread

946 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I just joined the board, I have been a collector of cool things since I can remember, collected comics off and on most of my life, as of late of been pretty hardcore with the modern comics.

Saga is by far my favorite series right now ( TWD is a very close second.)

I have almost 4 runs of the series in my box ( I'm missing a copy of #1 raw to make it a complete 4)

I also am the owner of a RRP #1 variant.

I picked it up raw at a show a couple months ago juuuuuuuust before the big boom.

I got it for $120 from a vender at a show,he had it listed for $200, I guess the then going rate for a raw copy.

I bought a couple other books off him so he cut me a deal.

The best part about it was I went to the convention specifically for that book and was asking one of the bigger venders if he had one.

They told me how rare it was and how he went to every booth in Chicago and asked for their copies, he was telling about how he had a couple slabbed on ebay at the time and how they are commanding $400.

I told him I was interested in a raw copy so I could get it signed myself.

He told me forget it, not gonna happen.

I finished the conversation, went one both over and the first white box I reach I found it...

Made my day, and it is now my Modern grail.

I'm glad to be a member of this board, you all seem like a great bunch from my detective Trolling.

Hope to talk shop with all of you.

You know what I mean, he had his eye on the prize.

He told me he travels the states on the regular, been seeking them out for a while.

He was a very nice guy that had a extensive knowledge of The Walking Dead and he was smart enough to grab a stack of TWD #1 and got them all signed, sketched and slabbed while they were under $200.

Anyways, I'm glad this thread was made, makes me feel glad to know others feel the same way I do about this series.

I honestly don't care about how much it's worth now that I own it.

I only care how much they are worth before I buy them, cause I never wanna spend to much but will if I feel I need it.

Plus maybe we could count off a couple hundred just from this thread.

Proud owner of twin 9.8 SS.

Both were mislabeled by CGC as regular Saga #1 9.8 SS.

They will be eventually shipped (or dropped) off for reholdering.

They are signed in the same spot, but I like BKV's signature on this one better.

8222650226_7895187dc5_z.jpg

edit: before you PM...no, they are not for sale

Ok then. WTTB.

I arrived late in Chicago and asked every dealer if they had a copy. Some still did and as I said I was late to the show. WD #1 signed, sketched and slabbed you say. Sounds like a smart guy. hm

Proud owner of twin 9.8 SS.

Both were mislabeled by CGC as regular Saga #1 9.8 SS.

They will be eventually shipped (or dropped) off for reholdering.

They are signed in the same spot, but I like BKV's signature on this one better.

8222650226_7895187dc5_z.jpg

edit: before you PM...no, they are not for sale

Where's Fiona's sig?