• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

board talk can only move a book a few K at most. It's LCS orders that matter. Sounds like they are ALL IN on Jupiter. I am sticking to my original predictions on this print run.

more than revival, less than Bedlam

I have a feeling this will have a very big print run, lot of people seem to be pre-ordering multiple copies of it, in the hope it will be like other image comics #1 and be able to flip them to make some money. Image will also anticipate this.

Plus the storyline of this just seems that it would appeal to a much larger audience, so Image would have given it a higher print run initially anyway.

Image doesn't work that way. I believe the standard print is orders +10%.

There will be some large orders, though, probably from retailers who have been on top of the last year's trends. I'd guess the print run will be around 25K.

I just don't want to speculate on a book that sill have a print run of 50 000+

I can't see it going that high, but I may be wrong. How high was BEDLAM again?

even with all the speculative fervor here, I think it only made it to about 10,000 less than saga, around 28Kish?

I think EoW will be higher than bedlam, cause Bedlam wasnt well adopted by stores, where as this is on the cover of Previews.

If we are doing the pool on print run bets, I would guess EoW will have Saga like numbers. A little less hype/love, but the difference made up by speculators.

35,000 is my guess, feel free to quote it back to me if I am way off :grin:

apparently my original opinion was different. Alright back in time CBT, you make a good argument. I am going to stick with that, instead of the 25K I have been saying more recently.

Edited by CBT

I have a feeling this will have a very big print run, lot of people seem to be pre-ordering multiple copies of it, in the hope it will be like other image comics #1 and be able to flip them to make some money. Image will also anticipate this.

Plus the storyline of this just seems that it would appeal to a much larger audience, so Image would have given it a higher print run initially anyway.

Image doesn't work that way. I believe the standard print is orders +10%.

There will be some large orders, though, probably from retailers who have been on top of the last year's trends. I'd guess the print run will be around 25K.

ah did not know that, good to know :)

I'm only in for 6 copies of issue one and 4 copies for issue two. I'm keeping one of each to read myself, so I'm mainly hoping for a good read. The print run won't matter too much if the book is good. Just look at Saga.