• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Can't believe how hard it is for some of you to count to 10

I assume you mean - see variant - count to 10 - put it back.

Let Image carry on.

No suprise that Oni, Avatar and Black Horse books are getting supported.

After Bedlam, you would hope Image had wised up - lets hope they delay the inevitable Phantom for a few months.

And didn't the variant come out after preorders were done? To me, announcing no planning on any variants caused a lot of people to believe that and ordered more than what they would've had there been a variant at that time. I'm sure Hickman isn't that type of person but sure is a way to boost sales for an upcoming book.

I'm OK with one to kick start the excitement. I won't chase it, but it's an easy layup in terms of fan excitement. I just look at Bedlam and can't get past the 3265346 covers and just see a blur.

Buy what you want...don't buy what you don't want. Who cares about variants? There are collectors out there who don't like them, and there are collectors out there who have to have them.

I didn't start reading Bedlam until issue #3, and I had no trouble finding the regular cover first issue. Everyone keeps talking about readers being confused about which was the true #1. Pick whatever one you like best and buy it.

2c

Argggg. I really wanted to love this book. Damn it... I'm starting to get disillusioned with this nonsense.

I've been playing more and more back in silvers and staying away from moderns. I mean this sincerely, I'll keep reading, but buying a lot less of Image. Hope they can maintain that 40% uptick with all of the variants. In my humble opinion they could keep their numbers by production alone. The variants become confusing and are a big flashback for me.

What part of having a Retailer Summit exclusive cover makes this a problem?

If they were making store variants or a standard ratio variant, then I'd be a little bummed. Ijust noticed there will be FP variant? damn.. carry on

Edited by Mangbus

The RRP isn't the issue. It's the RRP on the tails of the FP variant. It just implies there is a hole in the damn... If only 3 INCLUDING the RRP, fine. If 5-6 and a Phantom, it'll be bedlam all over again. I think all of the variants with bedlam stopped people from collecting. People not collecting equates to low sales for the rest of the series. I think there has to be much more of a push on the back end to get people back into the book if collectors aren't helping with the hype...

You sure - I mean it's not like the publisher of Image came on here and said, oops, no sorry, it wasn't a 500 issue variant. I printed an extra 350 for myself and my buddies.

Oh wait....yes he did...

Stuff like that doesn't get forgotten. You can't just announce a 500 print variant and then go add as many extra as you want for yourself and you mates,all of which end up on ebay or with some of the Con sycophants. (insert appropriate names as you wish)

Thats why I believe that there should just be 1st,2nd,3rd prints etc with as many printed as needed to satisfy demand.

Equal playing field for all, wether you are a completionist,flipper or collector.