• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I got the FP variant because it's a store variant.

Now if they start the same bs like nowhere men, then I'll drop the series faster than a cannon ball.

So you're pretty much saying that no matter how great a story is (Nowhere Men) you'll stop reading if there are multiple covers? Read comics because you enjoy them. If you enjoy them, it shouldn't matter about covers and variants unless you're only in for flipping.

Now if they start the same bs like nowhere men, then I'll drop the series faster than a cannon ball.

So you're pretty much saying that no matter how great a story is (Nowhere Men) you'll stop reading if there are multiple covers? Read comics because you enjoy them. If you enjoy them, it shouldn't matter about covers and variants unless you're only in for flipping.

I have to say, I agree with GodofThunder. I was going to add this series to my monthly pull list until the variants popped up. I've pretty much decided not to support monthly titles with variants. That's me voting with my wallet. I may check out the eventual TPB, but I won't be collecting the floppies.

I have to say, I agree with GodofThunder. I was going to add this series to my monthly pull list until the variants popped up. I've pretty much decided not to support monthly titles with variants. That's me voting with my wallet. I may check out the eventual TPB, but I won't be collecting the floppies.

I guess I see that perspective if you have to own every single print of every issue. But if you want to actually enjoy a good read for what it is, I don't think the print run or the number of variants should matter.

I know it can take a lot of money to get every cover, but not if you just get the regular print.

Dude they only announced 2 variants... Why are you complaning about 5-6 and phantom variants when there isn't?

If you even have to worry about that you should get a better job - ill catch them all

No need to get nasty. The reason I say this is because it was tweeted that there wouldn't be variants. I didn't say I wouldn't read it, I said I wouldn't collect it if there were more variants coming out. This has nothing to do with an ability to spend money, it has to do with exclucivity and honesty-and spending money intelligently.

I have a bad flavor left after working to get a good TB, only to find out there were multiple other '1st' prints of NWM including a RRP three months after the release. I honestly think it hurt the long term value of the TB. I was all in actually.

Love the art, concept and looking forward to the story... I'm just not looking forward to it like I was... And I'm clearly not alone.

Right - thanks... Sorry. It's like being told your getting a new bike for your birthday, waiting, and waiting and finding out the week before that you're really getting a toaster.

Albeit a pretty badass toaster.

Right - thanks... Sorry. It's like being told your getting a new bike for your birthday, waiting, and waiting and finding out the week before that you're really getting a toaster.

Albeit a pretty badass toaster.

You are still getting a bike. Now there's just a couple special edition bikes coming out also. Which means you may not be able to re-sell your regular bike for as much as you wanted to. And if you want the inventor of the bike to feel bad for you, I think he may tell you where you can put your shiny new bike, lol

Edited by HugeRosen

I think it's the RRP that's ruffling people's feathers. The FP variant is available to anyone who wants to preorder it, but the RRP won't be readily available to collectors. Also, the RRP does nothing to help the creators since it's a freebie from the retailer summit and has no impact on actual orders.

Dude they only announced 2 variants... Why are you complaning about 5-6 and phantom variants when there isn't?

If you even have to worry about that you should get a better job - ill catch them all

No need to get nasty. The reason I say this is because it was tweeted that there wouldn't be variants. I didn't say I wouldn't read it, I said I wouldn't collect it if there were more variants coming out. This has nothing to do with an ability to spend money, it has to do with exclucivity and honesty-and spending money intelligently.

I have a bad flavor left after working to get a good TB, only to find out there were multiple other '1st' prints of NWM including a RRP three months after the release. I honestly think it hurt the long term value of the TB. I was all in actually.

Love the art, concept and looking forward to the story... I'm just not looking forward to it like I was... And I'm clearly not alone.

I feel the same way. they purposely made RRP cover looked better, it's a big turn off. regular #1 have the suck ball cover now.

I agree with this approach myself. (thumbs u

I like to read *AND* collect comics. The collecting part becomes annoying with the variants. A title with variants guarantees a pass from me these days.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I read on this East of West thread a number of predictions for the print run. My initial guess was around 25 - 30k. However, I just listened to the Talking Comics podcast interview with Jonathan Hickman. Around the 15 minute mark, he says that orders for the book were over 3 times more than anything he has previously done at Image. If Manhattan Projects 1 was around 18k, then we are talking a 54k plus run.