• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

"Please Click on your order number for more information, change or cancel your order."

I made sure of it krighton (:

Im really liking this book so I dont mind paying them for just this one. I would rather scoop a bunch of raw 9.8 candidates and sit on like 10 of them, but MidTown didnt fulfill my order for whatever reasons, even though I placed it over a month ago.

However, Forbidden Planet did so I'll be cool with a bunch of those instead I guess and a guaranteed one of these.

And df is sooooo slooooooooow with no fast track.

What's the rush?

True, you could buy the $90 book from DF or you could handpick three copies and submit them your self via fast track for roughly the same price. DF does not fast track so based on the posts on turn around times, you should get it in late October. If you don't want to slab your own books, then you can wait about four weeks a buy a copy from the boards, I'm sure they will start out much cheaper.

Who is going to want to sell me a 9.8 on the boards for $80 though>?

Wait a month and see. What has happened lately with PP is not normal. Saga was selling in the $60 range for a long time. Some sellers will panic and dump, this will off the other sellers but it will make for some good buys. A lot of people get books slabbed on their credit cards so they will try to flip them as quickly as possible. Patience is a virtue more often than not (except when dealing with DF) PM me in a month and if I have my submission back, I'll sell you one for $80 shipped US.

Alright, I'll hit you up when the slabs start hitting the boards. I just have a feeling people are going to be asking for more than $100...but I guess I can wait it out and I appreciate the offer mldynes. If I need it I will hit you up.

given that i have been preaching this book will sink or swim on its quality, sounds like this one will be a decent one to own long term. Its value will be muted by how many more speculators there are this year versus last, but i think the branget rule

"wait 6 issues"

will be a good paradigm with this one. I cant wait to see how much the drop between 1 and 2 is, hopefully small like Saga. That will be the truest sign of a winner imo.

And, if only i didnt have my comics sent once a month sigh....let the waiting begin.

Well guys, I just called a shop that I did not check and they claim to have 70+...

I thought it would be extremely hard to get if I missed the release day but apparently not.

By the way...when I read this not only the story and art blew me away, but the coloring.....wow!

Edited by Cobra83

considering nowhere men got as high as 150 before its hard dip, it wouldnt surprise me if these get to 100 for the early adopters, but yah, the pull back always happens.

Edited by CBT

people were selling on amazon steadily yesterday at 6.95 until one of the big boys came and undercut everyone at 4 dollars. After that everyone else started undercutting each other. Ill be holding onto my stock for a while. I dont need to get into penny wars.

The six issue rule is sound. I think this book has great long term potential but panic is waiting in the wings. Look at all the people that canceled preorders in this thread over the last couple weeks. Don't panic as a buyer or seller and things will be fine.

Oh Im not panicking, Im more or less just trying to secure a 9.8 copy since I missed out on getting them off the shelf at cover. I did find a shop though that has plenty and put some aside for me, but the condition is unknown until I get there.

I also have 2 separate orders getting shipped to 2 separate addresses of the FP variant which I prefer over the regular. For the original cover worst case is I guess I'll wait until 13,000 9.8's hit eBay and save the $ from DF for new Nike Air Max's today or more supplements for the gym (:

Im going to support the comic wether it gains value or not as I really like it. Its a good read so I hope it does really well long term!

One question though...Can someone tell me where the Ghost variant is sold? Is that at any regular comic shop or only certain ones aka phantom shops?

Edited by Cobra83

The six issue rule is sound. I think this book has great long term potential but panic is waiting in the wings. Look at all the people that canceled preorders in this thread over the last couple weeks. Don't panic as a buyer or seller and things will be fine.

This panic resembles what happens on the stock market.

Another players game.... :grin: