• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Is this thread about the comic story itself or just about speculating? :insane:

(shrug)

I just got a few copies today. They are so minty I don't want to open them.

I think I'll DL it from comixology this weekend. No worry about finger prints or bends that way.

Haha me to.

I am just making reference it seems no one is talking about the actual story over the past pages.

Just to contribute: I ordered from FP on March 9, received request for shipping response on March 29th, dispatch notification on April 2.

Will update when I receive the package.

Is this thread about the comic story itself or just about speculating? :insane:

Let-me-splain-01.png

(1) Three horsemen rise

(2) Fourth MIA

(3) They will kill him now

(4) Fourth is "Death"

(5) He's out for blood

(6) Three Horsemen are kids and waiting to grow while building a monument of bodies to themselves.

(7) Meanwhile, Death kills a bunch of people (including the Pres)

(8) End of #1

Read it for the first time today. Some thoughts.

Always like the 4 Horsemen stories. This one seems to be right down that alley.

I enjoyed the art until like the last page or two it fit the book really well.

Interested to see what comes in the next issue. Let me wanting more which is what a book should do.

How well did this sell at people's LCS'?

Just curious if it's still sitting around or sold out really quick.

Pat

We sold out with in a few hours about 20 books and we are a smaller store.

Just read it. Actually, I read it twice to help me aborb the first part of the story after I started catching on to what was happening. I don't read a lot of modern comics, but this one just converted me. I used to read the Sandman and it had that kind of feel about it, a mysterious, "I am not quite sure what's going on but it's cool" feeling to it. Maybe that's what Preacher was like, but I never read those....(maybe I should!) I'm happy to get in on this series from the beginning...it's been a long, long, time since I followed a series (my style is to collect keys or read old Bronze age runs), but I'll be reading this one.

As an aside, I really liked the Night scenes with the stars. I guess the quality of the paper makes this possible...comics have come a long way. I've got a telescope, or two, or three...OK...six...and there is something mystically cool about the starry sky and maybe a primative fire. More of that, please. It'd be cool if the artist strives for some realism with the night sky...like maybe hang the constellation Orion up there or something. Assuming this is on our earth, and not some kind of alternate earth. ???

WC

My dinky little LCS was only ordering 2 copies about a month and a half ago. I asked him to order 5 copies just for me so he upped his order to 10. When they came in wednesday, there were people standing in the store waiting on them. A couple people complained when clint (owner), put 5 copies in my box and had none for them. The other 5 got snapped up, none actually made it to the shelf. The owner bags and boards every book you buy for free, and when i say my copies were pristine, i mean it. I don't think i've ever got such nice books, and thats tough to say given image's fascination with white front and back covers lately. Honestly though i like the minimalist feel of the cover art such as Nowhere Men, Manhattan Projects, EoW and so on.

I tried to explain to one guy that previews puts their book out for a reason. I told him to go through it every month and whatever books he has a good feeling about then preorder a handful of copies.

I think all 10 copies were spoken for as soon as they were taken out of the box!

How long from when they shipped till they showed up, kevin?

I got them April 3rd and they came out the 27th.

I ordered them from M&M Comics, they pack extremely well, they put them in double boxes with styrofoam peanuts. Midtown should take notes.