• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I don't even walk into comic stores anymore, much easier just to pre-order what I want. LCS are just filled with magic card gamers and a terrible selection of back issues.

What he said.

I have a dream, that one say there will be a comic shop, with a Barnes & Noble feel. Where reader and enthusiast can unite, drink overpriced beverages, eat cinnabons, and enjoy the sweet afternoon in comic bliss. This is my dream.
In reality, my LCS... yeah, I'm not going to go there (literally and figuratively lol )

Just went into a forbidden planet store and picked up the last three variants. They had 10 of the reg covers in stock. Also had some crazy first issues in stock too, not anymore though ;)

my 10 pre-ordered from midtown arrived today, bagged and boarded. All razor sharp, 8 are 9.8 for sure, 2 have a bit of white fuzz at the top left from printing, will probably just sell those 2 raw on ebay, and read one tonight instead of waiting for my personal copy to come with my pulled comics at the end of the month.

:banana:

I don't even walk into comic stores anymore, much easier just to pre-order what I want. LCS are just filled with magic card gamers and a terrible selection of back issues.

lol they sure are :shudder:

its worth the read!

oh i know :), that's why i am going to read one of these, instead of my usual having to wait. Last months comics order should arrive this week, i doubt East of West made it in before the shipping. At least I will have last month's revival to read :)

So, I really did love this book and am anxiously awaiting issue 2.

Just curious, I'm a lil shocked regular copies are still selling for $8-10ish on ebay. I figured They'd drop to cover by today, anyone else a lil surprised by this? Only surprised due to the print run....

Just curious, I'm a lil shocked regular copies are still selling for $8-10ish on ebay. I figured They'd drop to cover by today, anyone else a lil surprised by this? Only surprised due to the print run....

don't worry, I'm sure viperdays is doing his best to drive the price into the ground

don't worry, I'm sure viperdays is doing his best to drive the price into the ground

I saw a few of his items and based on the price he made some coin on them.

buying 100 of every Image 1st means you get the winners, and all the losers too.

I don't think most of the people buying this comic are aware of the est. print run that both Hickman and Dragotta alluded to in interviews. I have been selling on eBay and people are asking how much more I have in inventory for them to purchase. They are worried that I am going to run out and pleading for me to hold books for them till their next paycheck.

With my last auction today, I covered my initial investment cost. Going to hold for a bit to see if this thing can get into the high teens or low 20s by issue 6. Also shipping a bunch off to CGC.

buying 100 of every Image 1st means you get the winners, and all the losers too.

Very true. I think that Viperdays has probably bought some clunkers (I know that I have with Clone, Black Acre and Punk Rock Jesus - I know it was a mini, but I thought it was that good). However just one of the successes (Saga, NWM, East of West) more than covers all of the cash spent on the clunkers, especially if he is buying 50 percent off a DCB or 35 percent off at TFAW.

Read my corner fuzzed copy today. Comic of 2013 right here. So refreshing to read a book that isnt just cliches, stereotypes, and that leads the reader around like a dog on a leash.

I love stories that have depth, leave's you guessing, and shows that some things will not be explained for a long time.

This goes to the top of my favourites list, definitely going to have to right a review on this one.

Death looks cool, but i find him just a little too skinny for my liking. It's a cool look, but doesnt make him ominous enough. The things that you dont see are the most horrifying, and its done great in this book. Just wish he was a little more John Marston looking.

I am also really happy as i said when i made this thread, this thing is at least mildly inspired by the video game Borderlands. Borderlands crossed with Red Dead Redemption.

Also, want to see more of Zone 8, People's Republic of America lol

And more Crow! ftw

Very true. I think that Viperdays has probably bought some clunkers (I know that I have with Clone, Black Acre and Punk Rock Jesus - I know it was a mini, but I thought it was that good). However just one of the successes (Saga, NWM, East of West) more than covers all of the cash spent on the clunkers, especially if he is buying 50 percent off a DCB or 35 percent off at TFAW.

this thread has already more than enough corvettenights. I have posted plenty of his auctions to show lots of books that end up going for under cover. One would be much better off, if attempting to do what he is, to start a diamond account. He can talk all he wants about rolling in grands, he is barely making above minimum wage, and doing it on massive inventory/low margins. When the modern bubble bursts, it'll all be a net zero sum game as the huge inventory on that day, will negate any profits up until then.

It's much better and easier, to be well informed, buy in smaller amounts, and sell very high margin "value added" books. jjeanius/court is a quick example that comes to mind. Anyway, all these "plays" are becoming so crowded lots of people are going to end up getting burned bad when things dislocate.