• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

:eek:

:eek: x2

What's up with that dude?

"They" should know better. I order some books from a comic store one time and they taped them together and put them in a large box with some wads of paper. I'm sure they banged around, but arrives okay.

Going back to my old word.... insanity! :sumo:

#2 has not yet been released, I believe that is the last Wednesday in April - the same day that the second print of #1 is to be out. At this point, we are all just either bragging about the 100+ copies we ordered, or goggling at the fact that so many people preordered 100+ copies.

:lol:

Also, 280 pages? My settings have it at 126 pages...

-slym (is now thinking this isn't the investment issue he thought it was going to be)

I'm showing 252 pages ? Oh well, I still think this book is a breat buy. If well written comics with cool art wont sell, nothing will.

I haven't heard any negatives about this book other than print run and I don't see that being an issue . Word of mouth ( blogs, reviews, and forums ) will drive this as long as the story and art continue to be top notch.

#2 has not yet been released, I believe that is the last Wednesday in April - the same day that the second print of #1 is to be out. At this point, we are all just either bragging about the 100+ copies we ordered, or goggling at the fact that so many people preordered 100+ copies.

:lol:

Also, 280 pages? My settings have it at 126 pages...

-slym (is now thinking this isn't the investment issue he thought it was going to be)

Yea of course this forbidden planet issue is not going to be worth much a year from now.

Hoarding on speculating worked so well for Return of Superman. I put my kids through college with those books. Wait I don;t have kids. hm

The only East of West #1 that is going to have some good value to it if the book is still around this time next year has not been released yet. That is book is coming though in 2 weeks. :fear:

Oh, I didn't hoard this book - I found out about it mere days before its release, and got only two regular copies & one Ghost Variant. I also never said anything would or would not rise in value.

It's just hearing of all the people here that have 100 copies and knowing most of those will be CGC'd, I think maybe my hunch on this one isn't going to be as great as I thought.

But then again, I have never really been a "speculator," so if my Spidey-sense is a little off, I don't really mind. Just another lesson that I should stick to collecting the dang things if I am going to have anything to do with them at all.

-slym

Oh, I didn't hoard this book - I found out about it mere days before its release, and got only two regular copies & one Ghost Variant. I also never said anything would or would not rise in value.

It's just hearing of all the people here that have 100 copies and knowing most of those will be CGC'd, I think maybe my hunch on this one isn't going to be as great as I thought.

But then again, I have never really been a "speculator," so if my Spidey-sense is a little off, I don't really mind. Just another lesson that I should stick to collecting the dang things if I am going to have anything to do with them at all.

-slym

Most books that rise in value were never hoarded to begin with.

Remember when all those people hoarded WD #1 and now made thousands selling them?

No.......me either. ;)

-slym

Most books that rise in value were never hoarded to begin with.

Remember when all those people hoarded WD #1 and now made thousands selling them?

No.......me either. ;)

Yes but WD #1 also didn't have any variants :)