• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I enjoy this book more than NWM, looking forward to issue #2.

Also I wish my comic would come back from CGC already !!

I'm telling e.s. (tsk)lol

I feel like a need a degree to read NwM, east of west the opposite. Only graduated 4th grade, to many big words

i do not think the Spawn 9 analogy is a good one. didnt that come out 20 years ago?

2012 is most certainly > then 2013 for image books. there are no longer many, if any, "surprises" when it comes to ongoing first issue releases

In my statement I acknowledge that many of the surprises for new books are gone. My example with spawn #9 is that there will always be an 'it' book around the corner (whether new or 20 years old). Don't be surprised when new books still fly under the radar or are under appreciated out of the gate and then grow.

Once again, the vast majority of readers are ill informed of new books. They just show up on Wednesday and browse. I just think it's short-sighted to say there will be NO Saga, Revival, ToT, MP, or any other like book in 2013.

2c

here we go again...

skyisfalling_zpsde497f4f.jpg [/quote

I remember the whole "Market Crash" thread that was on these boards back in 2003, A lot of people on these boards now that were heavily involved thinking the rug was really going to be pulled out from under everyone. I never thought for one second that would ever happen, and knew that paying 40K for a 9.0 Hulk #1 was peanuts as to what was going to come around down the line which is where we are now, The back issue market hasn't collapse, it's just gotten more expensive and will continue to do so. People would say "Oh 10 copies of Fantastic Four #1 in 9.2+, that's way too many, I'm not paying that price" Seriously? 10 copies is of a rare 9.2+ of something is too many? Well by the record setting prices being paid now still doesn't show any sign of there being too many copies to go around.

apples_oranges.jpg