• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

'Helhelm ECCC 9.8 - pay USD180 and now worth probably less than USD120'

Yeah but Oni released a bunch from their site.

That said, we'll see where this goes. I'm willing to wait. 300 was way too high to start it, though I bet it would have easily gotten there as its the first on feebay. Everyone wants the next Saga RRP and not sure that's going to happen right away. I'd probably go $150 which means I'll likely not get one (this year).

you start it at 300 and bidders have no incentive to bid on it until the last minutes of the auction...

I think this is the key comment. Plus, our boy loses all the hype he would have made from a comic climbing up that high from a .99 auction. I have no idea what will happen with the auction, but I'm definitely in a wait and see mode.

Wait..Third Print of # 1? WOW

? Third print? It's the RRP. Back to your coffee and donuts...

Adonis are real smart.

This is my auction. I listed the RRP with a starting bid of $300 because that would have been my reserve. If the book sells, that's great. If not, that's great too. I really like East of West. It's a cool series, Jonathan's a fun writer, and Nick's giving the book a great feel. If I don't sell the book, that's fine. EoW is certainly a book where I'll be keeping a couple of copies with little/no intention of selling ever.

For those saying that $300 is too high, that's fine. Personally, I think it's going to be hard for anyone to get this book for under $100 raw after the public sales prices of the Saga RFP and the Panzerfaust RRP. That's just my opinion. I would not be surprised if this book starts at 150-200 raw (prices that have been seen on the panzerfaust RRP).

If you want to bid, that's cool and thank you. If it's too rich for your blood, that's cool too and it shouldn't stop you from reading and enjoying a series that I thought really showed some promise in issue 2 (like Saga, I also thought that issue 1 of EoW has some weird pacing). It's my understanding that Jonathan isn't a huge variant guy, so hopefully, like Saga, people don't have to worry about variant madness. Again, just my opinion.

The price seems reasonable for the first CGC 9.8 copy of a currently non-existant book to hit the market. I'd expect it to settle below $300 once the real first wave of slabs floods ebay, but this one should be fun to watch.

None of these books are RRPs - that's basically just slang for 'Retailer Incentive' at this point (which is probably what it should say). RRP was specific to DC's Retailer Roundtable program (for example, Batman 608 and Fables 6 are real RRPs, Saga 1 is not).

I love East of West but I'm tired of people trying to compare it to Saga or Peter Panzerfaust. This "RRP" will not bring anything near the Saga RRP. If anyone remembers when Saga's rrp first came out, it hung around 100-150 for months. It only increased to what you see today due to the steady increase of its popularity. Could East of West follow the same path? Sure. However, don't expect it to increase in value if you start throwing 300 plus for a copy on day 1. Sorry BeerThirty, good luck with the auction as a fellow boardie I hope some sucker pays you a ridiculous price but I still think your starting price is laughable. I personally won't pay more than 150.

I love East of West but I'm tired of people trying to compare it to Saga or Peter Panzerfaust. This "RRP" will not bring anything near the Saga RRP. If anyone remembers when Saga's rrp first came out, it hung around 100-150 for months. It only increased to what you see today due to the steady increase of its popularity. Could East of West follow the same path? Sure. However, don't expect it to increase in value if you start throwing 300 plus for a copy on day 1. Sorry BeerThirty, good luck with the auction as a fellow boardie I hope some sucker pays you a ridiculous price but I still think your starting price is laughable. I personally won't pay more than 150.

Laughable in what way?

Someone is going to buy it. Is it laughable just because you personally won't pay that price?

It is the ONLY Retailer Incentive of EoW to hit the market, and to top it off it is a 9.8, sold by a highly respected seller/boardie.

I agree with his price. Why not shoot for the moon? No harm is done. At all. If it doesn't sell, then relist.

Many people would say that Spidey 700 variant you are sporting is laughable.

It is the "what I collect rules, what you collect sucks" argument all over again.

If anyone remembers when Saga's rrp first came out, it hung around 100-150 for months. It only increased to what you see today due to the steady increase of its popularity.

It more than doubled in two-three weeks in January. The book has been strong from launch, but i think its yet to be seen if even IT can maintain its value (its currently down off the highs, along with all of saga after its fast rise).

What East of West can or cant do is unknown. High or Low, only time will tell. I dont see anyone around here claiming it will match Saga's price point though. But I think there are lots of valid reasons to see it in the same vein.

Their are basically two pipe dreams people push for each new series. Next Walking Dead and now in 2013, next Saga. For next Saga, its predicated on quality story, art, and strong readership. The readership is unknowable two issues in.

Lastly, I definitely am the number 1 defender of all members being treated equal. I hate post count elitism, and will fight it everywhere I see it. But someone with 12 posts saying, "I am really tired of....". lol

#AltCity

Edited by CBT

You'll be surprised what it brings. First to market is huge. Wouldn't be shocked to see it break $500, similar to what the Bedlam B&W sketch did.

I was first to sell an EOW first print 9.8 and got $80 on multiple auctions. Being first to market is huge, and this should easily top $500. I'm more interested in the 9.9 first print that's for sale.