• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

OK, I'll give it a shot Ryan...

All things being equal, I will not pay as much for a EOW RRP as a Saga RRP for one reason. The cover art for the Saga variant sings, while the EOW variant is just nice.

One guys opinion. I actually like the Forbidden Planet cover of EOW better than the RRP.

I still find it insane that a book only two issues in will command $300 + for a variant.

Look at Five Ghosts. ECCC sells for that. And that book has nowhere near the audience that East of West does.

I passed those at that artists' table at ECCC. Those were selling for $5 a piece. There were STACKs available. Ahhhhhh.

OK, I'll give it a shot Ryan...

All things being equal, I will not pay as much for a EOW RRP as a Saga RRP for one reason. The cover art for the Saga variant sings, while the EOW variant is just nice.

One guys opinion. I actually like the Forbidden Planet cover of EOW better than the RRP.

I can live with that buddy. The Saga RRP cover is sick (wish I had one). The thing that bugs me is that honestly... Each of us collects books/stuff a little differently. Some want all 9.8's, some want some SA keys, some prefer only moderns, some don't slab books, some collect coins (shhhh they are just over there -----> ), some just for the reads, and some just for the dollar value. We shouldn't hack on the other guy who pays $1K for a Saga RRP or $2,500 for a TWD #1 9.8. I bought a YTLM #1 9.4 (thanks again JB) last month that some would scoff at because its not a 9.8. Who really cares. To each his or her own.

I also bought a silver surfer figurine for $10 at a convention two weeks ago. Laugh it up Image modernites lol

but to compare East of West to Saga is silly. Saga has a much broader appeal than East of West. Saga is unique in that nearly everyone who I have recommended it to (including my mother and sister) love it!!I just can't see that same broad appeal of East of West and I guess that will affect it's desirability and price.

My thoughts exactly.

If I had a 9.8 of the EoW RRP, I'd be hesitant to let it go for less than $300. In fact, I wouldn't let it go for less.

As BeerThirty said, if it doesn't sell, then so be it.

I also bought a silver surfer figurine for $10 at a convention two weeks ago. Laugh it up Image modernites lol

I'm with you Ryan! At my office, I have Daredevil gallery of the lead figurines!!

Daredevil, Kingpin, Elektra, Bullseye, Typhoid Mary, Black Widow and I even threw in Spider-Man and Punisher for good measure.

:gossip: Now if only they made a Foggy Nelson figure!

I'm with you Ryan! At my office, I have Daredevil gallery of the lead figurines!!

Daredevil, Kingpin, Elektra, Bullseye, Typhoid Mary, Black Widow and I even threw in Spider-Man and Punisher for good measure.

:gossip: Now if only they made a Foggy Nelson figure!

1 Up That

:gossip: Revival Em figures ..... Oooooo :cloud9:

I agree that the price will probably be upwards of $300 but to compare East of West to Saga is silly.

Saga has a much broader appeal than East of West. Saga is unique in that nearly everyone who I have recommended it to (including my mother and sister) love it!!

I just can't see that same broad appeal of East of West and I guess that will affect it's desirability and price.

Everyone (including myself) who has given Saga a try pretty much hated it. I don't personally know anyone who reads it or tried and liked it. IMO, Saga can turn off a whole bunch of potential readers with its content. EoW on the other hand doesn't have anything to really turn someone off.

I agree that the price will probably be upwards of $300 but to compare East of West to Saga is silly.

Saga has a much broader appeal than East of West. Saga is unique in that nearly everyone who I have recommended it to (including my mother and sister) love it!!

I just can't see that same broad appeal of East of West and I guess that will affect it's desirability and price.

Everyone (including myself) who has given Saga a try pretty much hated it. I don't personally know anyone who reads it or tried and liked it. IMO, Saga can turn off a whole bunch of potential readers with its content. EoW on the other hand doesn't have anything to really turn someone off.

Yeah...cause children carrying out mass genocide isn't disturbing at all... :baiting:

Edited by BizarroChuck

:o

Yeah...cause children carrying out mass genocide isn't disturbing at all... :baiting:

Kony has a comic book?