• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

So I'm in Greenville, SC with the girlfriend for work and I just visited Borderlands Comics. Great shop if you're ever in town. Anyway, the guy at the counter was brow-beating everyone who didn't have EOW 4. He kept saying "WHAT!?!? I can't believe you aren't reading this. Go back to the shelves and get 1-4. I'll wait."

While I was there he hooked 3 new readers. Reminded me of Jack Black in High Fidelity.

I ran and bought it even though I had a lot of them coming. Well worth the trip. The story seems straightforward and then...a major twist. The more issues I read, the more I like it and it was already number 1 on my stack. It makes me go :whee: and :banana: all at the same time.

So I'm in Greenville, SC with the girlfriend for work and I just visited Borderlands Comics. Great shop if you're ever in town. Anyway, the guy at the counter was brow-beating everyone who didn't have EOW 4. He kept saying "WHAT!?!? I can't believe you aren't reading this. Go back to the shelves and get 1-4. I'll wait."

While I was there he hooked 3 new readers. Reminded me of Jack Black in High Fidelity.

But was he giving a discount. :roflmao:

But was he giving a discount. :roflmao:

lol

No discounts that I know of

#4 was better than the previous few - decent action. But I still think I'll drop this book after the first arc. It's by no means terrible, but there's a lot of better stuff out there... a lot of better Hickman stuff, in fact.

Oh, and Forbidden Planet in London had loads of the blanks at lunchtime today. They all looked in pretty good nick.