• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

#4 was better than the previous few - decent action. But I still think I'll drop this book after the first arc. It's by no means terrible, but there's a lot of better stuff out there... a lot of better Hickman stuff, in fact.

Oh, and Forbidden Planet in London had loads of the blanks at lunchtime today. They all looked in pretty good nick.

You're in the minority on this one it appears, but hey, not everyone has the same taste.

Ugh. Just got back from my LCS [40 minutes away] to realize they forgot to put #4 in my pull pile and it slipped my mind. Looks like I will need to wait a few more days for my mail order to come in [so that I can read it].

I think that the next issue will be slow. It seems like Nick and Jonathan built up to that epic battle. I imagine that the next issue will explore how death and Xio met (pure speculation. I have no basis for this other than what I think makes sense plotwise).

That being said, I'm interested in learning more about this crazy world that the guys have built. Just awesome stuff!

Just thought I would add this. Issue 6 is only a month after 5 so not really much of a break and 6 looks like the Ranger's first appearance. Might want to give It a look.

The Ranger first arc will undoubtedly be badass. #4 was the action I expected, and more.

Edited by Rhymenoceros

I think that the next issue will be slow. It seems like Nick and Jonathan built up to that epic battle. I imagine that the next issue will explore how death and Xio met (pure speculation. I have no basis for this other than what I think makes sense plotwise).

That being said, I'm interested in learning more about this crazy world that the guys have built. Just awesome stuff!

that kiss was breath-taking by the way.

Wow. And the last panel.... :o Speaks volume

#4 was better than the previous few - decent action. But I still think I'll drop this book after the first arc. It's by no means terrible, but there's a lot of better stuff out there... a lot of better Hickman stuff, in fact.

Oh, and Forbidden Planet in London had loads of the blanks at lunchtime today. They all looked in pretty good nick.

You're in the minority on this one it appears, but hey, not everyone has the same taste.

Yeah, it looks like it. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll end up buying the TPBs at some point - but I just don't get that "OMG I have to read this every month the day it comes out" feeling from it.

Given that this looks like it'll develop into something pretty complicated it might be better read in large chunks anyway.