• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

All of my Blank covers also have the same "infamous #4 crease" starting on the 2nd, full-color cover.

(I'm sure everyone knows about this, but Image apparently always does the double covers for their blanks now, as TWD 109 is the same.)

The outside blank covers are just peachy though!

Edited by Rhymenoceros

Hey fellas, I'm new to the boards. I was just wondering if anyone has seen Dragotta's twitter pic of the blue #4, is it a con variant? I apologize if this has been answered earlier.

Welcome to the boards (WTTB)!

I haven't seen it, but someone else probably has and can answer your question. Can you post a pic here?

Yes that's the one, thank you, I'm at "work" and couldnt pull up twitter...

I would hope he wouldn't just change the color for variants, seeing as the variant covers for #1 are by far the best so far IMHO.

Well, all the further printings (as opposed to variants) so far have been the same cover with a different colour. Pretty sure that's what you're looking at in that pic.

Yes that's the one, thank you, I'm at "work" and couldnt pull up twitter...

I would hope he wouldn't just change the color for variants, seeing as the variant covers for #1 are by far the best so far IMHO.

Well, all the further printings (as opposed to variants) so far have been the same cover with a different colour. Pretty sure that's what you're looking at in that pic.

^^

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EAST-of-WEST-Blank-VARIANT-Sketch-Cover-Issue-4-IMAGE-/251304807504?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a82ef0c50

Sketch by an ebayer (not me), though by the description in the auction they don't understand the book very well, and Death is portrayed kind of oddly. Nonetheless, pretty nice work otherwise. (thumbs u

There aren't any bids on it yet, but I'm not sure about the rules on posting current auctions here. If a mod feels the post should be deleted, no worries. Don't want to step on any toes

Edited by Rhymenoceros

Q. Publisher's Weekly just published their Annual Comics Retailer Survey and noted that "Saga" is one of the most requested books in the 10 stores surveyed. What is it about that book that continues to draw people in, and are there plans to capitalize on that in an effort to introduce readers to similar books from Image?

A. I think that's already happening with "Saga," just as it happened with "The Walking Dead." I think it will happen with "East of West," too, because that book is currently tracking very similarly to "Saga." I think what Brian and Fiona are doing on "Saga" is contagious, not just in terms of building the readership for that book, but in raising people's expectations. You read something as accessible and well-considered as "Saga" and it makes you want more comics like that. Well, it just so happens, we've got more where that came from.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46678

I don't know if anyone has talked about this already but the Ranger will be introduced in issue 6 (release date 9/18/13) I believe he the fella in black on the robot horse with the robot dog thingy. I believe he luvs <3 him some robots!!

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=East+Of+West+%236_1281105

The Ranger looks like a bad-! I have a feeling I'm gonna enjoy that character like I enjoy The Will and Lying Cat on Saga. I'm looking forward to issue #6!

By the way, I'm hyped because I just checked and I have two blue label 9.8 RRP's coming back to me from CGC!!!

:whee:

I still have to read #4. I flipped through it and it looks interesting. I'm not gonna lie when I say I find the book a little confusing. Maybe I just need to read the trade when it drops and maybe it'll make more sense to me. :wishluck: