• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

It seems to me like Death and Xio are the protagonists. Death was to die and get resurrected but for his love for Xio...or maybe Death killed the other three, knowing they would get resurrected and he would be in a stronger position?

It seems to me like Death and Xio are the protagonists. Death was to die and get resurrected but for his love for Xio...or maybe Death killed the other three, knowing they would get resurrected and he would be in a stronger position?

Very possible. He appears to be the strongest of the four by a longshot.

I would have to Google the new stuff but I saw this movie every Friday night the Spring/Summer of 1980 until they took it off the big screen. lol

Things were a lot different back then. No hope for seeing it on VHS back then and I absolutely loved everything about Hoth, Bespin, and Dagobah. Vader was Vader in this one. He dominated. When they rereleased them, I went to see them a bunch again, I could literally talk about this episode all day...and tomorrow.

:sumo: The Empire Strikes Back :sumo:

(worship)

I stand corrected. Only names I recognize on there are Boba Fett, Bossk and IG-88. And what about poor Greedo! I loved the IG-88 toy when I was a kid! Even when I switched to G.I. Joe, he was still in the action! lol

I would have to Google the new stuff but I saw this movie every Friday night the Spring/Summer of 1980 until they took it off the big screen. lol

Things were a lot different back then. No hope for seeing it on VHS back then and I absolutely loved everything about Hoth, Bespin, and Dagobah. Vader was Vader in this one. He dominated. When they rereleased them, I went to see them a bunch again, I could literally talk about this episode all day...and tomorrow.

:sumo: The Empire Strikes Back :sumo:

(worship)

I stand corrected. Only names I recognize on there are Boba Fett, Bossk and IG-88. And what about poor Greedo! I loved the IG-88 toy when I was a kid! Even when I switched to G.I. Joe, he was still in the action! lol

I can't believe I forgot Greedo, THE original bounty hunter lol IG-88 was an awesome toy. I still have some of them. My brother was the 80s GI Joe guy at our house. I'm still holding all of his original Joes for him and I still have the cards cut out of the back including Snake Eyes.

The worst trade I ever made was about 10years ago. I got rid of the original 12 back MOC Star Wars figures for a 65 Mustang. I sold the Mustang after spending about $1000 to fix it up for $4000. I will never replace those toys.

I'm sorry I veered off subject. Now where were we ? Oh yeah, East of West rocks !!! lol

Prediction:

(I made this a while back) Issue 5: This will be a background issue. I'm not sure how exciting it will be, but it'll attempt to tell us how we got to where we are (i.e. how did Xio win death's heart)

Issue 6: back to present time. The other 3 horsemen are pissed. This is a buildup issue where they set in motion a plot to kill death and Xio

Next crazy action? Issue 8

I hope we get some back ground on Xio's hands.

she crushed her sister's skull

right?

I can guess what happened to the originals based on one of the panels in #4, but are those new hands and what are they made of?

Edited by awakeintheashes

ABC could do one of their Stephen King type Mini-Series on this book if they wanted too..They used to do a king mini every year..This could take up a good 5 night 2 hour each night story..or make a tv show of it..everything else is..of course except revival the one that should be.. :whistle: This is one of my top 3 comics also

Edited by KyleG40

If only SyFy started a high quality "after dark" type time slot... this would be perfect for EoW. I can't think of any TV network that would work well at this point for live action (non-animated). All this aside from the fact a lot of SyFy shows are kind of campy of course.

How about live action on the pay sets ? Hbo, Starz, Showtime, or Max ? If they can put out Deadwood, The Tudors, Rome, Boardwalk Empire, A Game of Thrones, and Rome, I'm thinking they could make this work.

They would need a lot more material though.

Edited by The Authority

I like this title as well. It also helps that it is on time. Just think its almost caught up issue number wise to Nowhere men. lol

I hadn't noticed that. Crazy, I think they came out 4 months apart. Hickman and Dragotta are on point with this series.