• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

This book is one the best reads I have found in a while. Like Saga, it is set in a unique environment, and involves forbidden love. After I came across this thread, I got the digital copies and gave it a try. I read 1-5 in one sitting and now I am bummed that I have to wait for issue 6. I have already picked up a raw 1 in NM and a Ghost variant in 9.8 last week, and added the book to my pull list. I like how the book reveals a few answers per issue while adding a few more questions. Once again, I am really glad I came across this thread, since that got me to try the book to begin with.

Edited by Sam I am

anyone else holding their EoW close to the vest and not selling. I've been tempted a few times to sell some #1s...latest sale was $8.95 for a raw.

I think I have about 30 copies of #1 and I haven't even thought about selling them. I'm holding them for now? All 9.8 candidates. Gotta love dcb

Edited by jreezy

anyone else holding their EoW close to the vest and not selling. I've been tempted a few times to sell some #1s...latest sale was $8.95 for a raw.

I think I have about 30 copies of #1 and I haven't even thought about selling them. I'm holding them for now? All 9.8 candidates. Gotta love dcb

I'm also in the same boat... with a 100 copies and 6 possible 9.9 's all from DCBS. They are the way to go when you what 50% off cover. You really can't beat 'em. My next would be TFAW, Midtown last.

I see this book following the same trend Saga did!

Edited by fufat70

Well, now that we've all discussed our hoarding habits, I think we can safely say this book won't reach big time numbers anytime soon.

I see it going up and quickly down over and over for awhile.

Book will hit $20 and a ton of copies will pop up and fall back to $10-12. This will repeat for a long time.

Well, now that we've all discussed our hoarding habits, I think we can safely say this book won't reach big time numbers anytime soon.

Why? because I have a hundred copies! How many did Midtown Comics order? or any of dealer for that matter, Most likely more than me. Dealers are in the business to sell and move books not collect. I do the same thing but put certain books on a holding pattern if I feel they might sprout wings down the road.

Just shifting perspective...

If a low percentage of people hold a high percentage of #1, with the print numbers being fairly consistent... I doubt people have 100 #3s for instance. In my limited knowledge I feel as if prices should continue to slowly rise as hoarders drip copies into the proverbial vain of the market. I only have 10 copies Bee Tee Dubs. 2c

That is true and I know people holding Saga collections that would put 100 to shame (not that I wouldn't be happy to have your EOW collection ). I wish I was holding that many but I wouldn't be holding Sagas that long. I was burned selling TWD at $100 each for number 1 but I've been pretty happy with other stuff I've sold for half that. You just never know how its going to pan out. lol