• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

TWD doesn't do store or program variants. Just con exclusives. :sorry:

What about the 85 and 106 Infinity and Beyond? Or 75 Ultimate?

Sorry. I should correct myself.

Image no longer does store or non convention exclusive variants. I was told no several times and told that only Infinity and Beyond in UK is allowed to because of there relationship with Adlard.

I'm confused here. I've seen this book at cons selling for 10-15 buck a floppy and on freebay its hovering around the 10 dollar mark. And nobody thinks this book will go higher than 20 bucks say a year from now? lol seriously?

It very well may. But Brett is right: there are a lot of people sitting on stacks of EoW 1. Brett's behavior isn't all that atypical with this book. What I find stunning about the book is that the sales numbers are still strong (38,000 ish) even though I imagine that most people are NOT speculating on issues other than #1 (although #3 - first Xio - and #5 - first you know what if you've read it - could be awesome books to have as the series goes on).

Ryan hit the nail on the head. I find it staggering that sales are as good as they are, considering everyone and their brother speculated.

I do hope women find this book. I've shown it to two girl friends, and both are now reading it.

Even if "They" do not vote this the best comic of 2013, IMO it is. Nothing even comes close to the fluid style of it's storytelling. Hickman not only hit this one out of the park, but to me it's an "instant classic".

I'm confused here. I've seen this book at cons selling for 10-15 buck a floppy and on freebay its hovering around the 10 dollar mark. And nobody thinks this book will go higher than 20 bucks say a year from now? lol seriously?

It very well may. But Brett is right: there are a lot of people sitting on stacks of EoW 1. Brett's behavior isn't all that atypical with this book. What I find stunning about the book is that the sales numbers are still strong (38,000 ish) even though I imagine that most people are NOT speculating on issues other than #1 (although #3 - first Xio - and #5 - first you know what if you've read it - could be awesome books to have as the series goes on).

Ryan hit the nail on the head. I find it staggering that sales are as good as they are, considering everyone and their brother speculated.

I do hope women find this book. I've shown it to two girl friends, and both are now reading it.

Even if "They" do not vote this the best comic of 2013, IMO it is. Nothing even comes close to the fluid style of it's storytelling. Hickman not only hit this one out of the park, but to me it's an "instant classic".

The only girl I personally know who reads it is my oldest daughter. When i take her to the LCS I feel like I need Negan's "Lucille" and some Bat-repellicant...bwahahahahaha I typoed and thought repellicant sounded too cool so I'm using it. Anyway shes 17 and likes it but is much more of a fan of Invincible and loves Jae Lee's art on the Inhumans...the Jae Lee thing runs in the family :grin:

I actually think issues 2-5 were still bought in multiples. Not to the extent of #1 but still enough to skew the numbers a little. I know people were buying the sketch covers in bulk.

I still don't have a sketch cover. I don't know if they were super low printed or people are just hanging on to them but I don't see them for cover. I missed the boat with those.

Number 5 was good, i take it. I'm downloading it tonight along with WD and Saga. On vacation and no LCS to be found. I can't wait any longer.

On the topic of secondary price increases. If I'm correct, it took Saga 8-9 months to realize the gains we see today. I can see 9.8s hitting $100 in 6 months time...unless something happens to stall the growth in readership.