• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

That might be true re attracting casual readers, but it doesn't make the covers as they are any less awesome imho.

The design element is so strong - you immediately know you're looking at an MP book rather than anything else. Same goes for EoW actually. I continue to buy MP floppies rather than trades not just because it's awesome and I want to read it every month, but also because the covers are not reprinted in the trades!

yea, seriously. i think if Nick were doing the covers, they'd attract more casual readers at the shops

I like you, but you seriously have the WORST taste in comic art. I couldn't disagree more with almost everything you post on the subject. lol

yea, seriously. i think if Nick were doing the covers, they'd attract more casual readers at the shops

I like you, but you seriously have the WORST taste in comic art. I couldn't disagree more with almost everything you post on the subject. lol

lol i hear ya.

i've been "a collector" (as in collecting SOMETHING(S)) for 30+ years now, and i have for the most part been one to go against the grain so to speak :)

Mp covers= simplicity personified, but with a distinctive feel that is in complete contrast to semi clad naked girl wielding a scimitar astride a motorcycle that seems to adorn every other book sitting on the shelf (well not quite, but a Supe in some sort of heroic pose certainly does).

In fact, rather than the plainness of the cover deterring potential readers, in a sea of Superheroes, it kind of grabs the eye at the LCS.

Btw, my vote for a t shirt would defo be #12- that shade of green against the white background -one of my favourite covers of th past 12 months.