• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Wow that's pretty cool though. I respect that. Anyways, I guess Nick is the artist.

Will he be at NYCC? And if so does he do sketches? Especially on that #4 blank....

He likes drawing these. ;)

e5768356e900a7a98f6a87164fe9f2a3_zps311191fe.jpg

Wow that's pretty cool though. I respect that. Anyways, I guess Nick is the artist.

Will he be at NYCC? And if so does he do sketches? Especially on that #4 blank....

He will be at NYCC in Artists Alley. He will sign and do quickie doodles. He may or may not sketch...it will depend on his schedule. Hit him up early at his table or PM me after the show starts. Good luck!

He will be at NYCC in Artists Alley. He will sign and do quickie doodles. He may or may not sketch...it will depend on his schedule. Hit him up early at his table or PM me after the show starts. Good luck!

thanks for the info Nexus your the man.

thanks for the info Nexus your the man.

Yes totally good the hear. Thaks Nexus. I'll be there Friday let's see what happens.

What's the word with the #1 EofW c2e2 diamond retailer variant. I've noticed the price has been going up on eBay. Is it going to be the so called "Holy Grail" of E of W? Also I tried to find it in the cgc census but couldn't find. Wanted to see how many have been sent in and graded.

What's the word with the #1 EofW c2e2 diamond retailer variant. I've noticed the price has been going up on eBay. Is it going to be the so called "Holy Grail" of E of W? Also I tried to find it in the cgc census but couldn't find. Wanted to see how many have been sent in and graded.

Under the 1st set of #1s it's just called the 'Variant'

The other variants are named Ghost and Forbidden Planet.

And yes it's most definitely the grail of EoW.

Its up there. If you click on the top east of west #1, its at the bottom of the page. Its listed as variant cover. Looks like theres 44 listed as slabbed. And you can add four more for the copy's I'm sending to NYCC to get signed and slabbed. They seem to be steadily climbing in price, plus the covers awesome.

Edited by Meta4

Anyone able to find out the correct print run for the RRP?

Earlier in the thread I saw 500 stated and most recently 300 mentioned.

Also, after NYCC '12 was when 9.8 SSx2 Saga RRPs exploded the census.

We will probably see the same thing happen this year for EOW.

Im sure the number slabbed will at least double after nycc, if not more. I'm just glad I managed to get 4 copy's for myself. One of those has got to come back 9.8.

Not sure of the print run either, heard both 500 and 300. Anyone else know?

I dont think this will be the case with the EoW RRP... the Saga RRP was able to be obtained in quantity(one by one) from people attending the event who were not comic shops but got the variant in their pack. The EoW RRP was sent out well after in the mail.

Issue 6 was AWESOME!

The way this series does tense action sequences is some of the best I've ever seen. I have to say, the overall story seems exceptionally "Hickman" in that there are going to be threads of the overarching story teased bit by bit until it all kind of comes together and Hickman grins with satisfaction at how clever it all is. Which I generally enjoy. However I've felt like the series has lacked some character development for it's fairly diverse cast and diverse world. This issue did so much for the series though and has me incredibly excited! I just wish the last page worked out slightly differently. No spoilers, but those of you who read it know what I mean ;)

I dont think this will be the case with the EoW RRP... the Saga RRP was able to be obtained in quantity(one by one) from people attending the event who were not comic shops but got the variant in their pack. The EoW RRP was sent out well after in the mail.

The accessibility of this book I think is severely understated. This wasn't like the Saga C2E2 variant, where it was pretty easy to come across. They were mailed out to retailers, and unless you scooped them up whenever they hit ebay early on, you're going to pay a nice price for it. Not to mention the aforementioned smudging issues.