• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Just got in a bulk order of #6 Today and none of the printing lines or that little spot on the letteing of West.. Woot

All the books at multiple LCS around the area all had it here. Guess it was just a large batch that came that way.

I noticed the same thing. i looked at maybe 70-75 books. No issues. (thumbs u

Issue 6 was AWESOME!

The way this series does tense action sequences is some of the best I've ever seen. I have to say, the overall story seems exceptionally "Hickman" in that there are going to be threads of the overarching story teased bit by bit until it all kind of comes together and Hickman grins with satisfaction at how clever it all is. Which I generally enjoy. However I've felt like the series has lacked some character development for it's fairly diverse cast and diverse world. This issue did so much for the series though and has me incredibly excited! I just wish the last page worked out slightly differently. No spoilers, but those of you who read it know what I mean ;)

I agree that in this issue and also in #5, character development is taking center stage but the action and plot are fantastic too. This world just keeps growing. Dragotta spoke about doing 50 issues but I would love to see it last longer if they can keep producing material at this high level..

At SDCC he told me they have at least 50 planned. Didn't sound like only 50.

This book is only on issue #6. And it's been a great 6. I think we have so many good books out we all want a series NOW. kinda like netflix is doing..

If we got that, it think it wouldn't be so fun. Anticipation can be a good thing.

I didn't know that but i love good news. You are right. We need to savor it because when its done, its done and thats no fun

In a way, I disagree. Some of my absolute favorite stories have come to an end already. When a creative team sets out to tell a story, I think that's what makes for a great comic. Too much of what we have now are "writing and penciling a book" rather than telling a story. It's the major problem with the big 2 right now. Because with talent like this, if EoW ended at issue 30, but was an amazing story, we would all love it. And then the next thing these guys put out, we would go grab it up. I would rather have a story end than drag out for popularity's sake and start to go downhill.

+1 - not just in comics, but in pretty much every form of serialized storytelling.

Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Sopranos, etc.

vs.

The X-Files, ER, NYPD Blue, Dexter, etc.

No matter how great a story starts, when it's milked for every cent and continues on ad infinitum, it's bound to tail off badly and eventually fade into an obscure and crappy end.

Hell, if ASM had been a planned arc, concluding with the death of Gwen and the Goblin, I think it would have been epic.

Well said Solar.

I have finished #6 and I must say I am super impressed with the story telling as well as the art. It has me hooked.

Does any feel that the Sixth Gun is as popular as this book? I get the same kinda feeling from reading this book as I do when I read the Sixth Gun. And to me this book gets might get more attention. I feel both books are equally that good with story telling and art. I understand that everyone has there own opinions. Just asking.

Or is EoW top shelf and SG is well? Cause it's Image not Oni.

what's Sixth Gun :devil:

Issue 6 was AWESOME!

The way this series does tense action sequences is some of the best I've ever seen. I have to say, the overall story seems exceptionally "Hickman" in that there are going to be threads of the overarching story teased bit by bit until it all kind of comes together and Hickman grins with satisfaction at how clever it all is. Which I generally enjoy. However I've felt like the series has lacked some character development for it's fairly diverse cast and diverse world. This issue did so much for the series though and has me incredibly excited! I just wish the last page worked out slightly differently. No spoilers, but those of you who read it know what I mean ;)

I agree that in this issue and also in #5, character development is taking center stage but the action and plot are fantastic too. This world just keeps growing. Dragotta spoke about doing 50 issues but I would love to see it last longer if they can keep producing material at this high level..

At SDCC he told me they have at least 50 planned. Didn't sound like only 50.

This book is only on issue #6. And it's been a great 6. I think we have so many good books out we all want a series NOW. kinda like netflix is doing..

If we got that, it think it wouldn't be so fun. Anticipation can be a good thing.

I didn't know that but i love good news. You are right. We need to savor it because when its done, its done and thats no fun

In a way, I disagree. Some of my absolute favorite stories have come to an end already. When a creative team sets out to tell a story, I think that's what makes for a great comic. Too much of what we have now are "writing and penciling a book" rather than telling a story. It's the major problem with the big 2 right now. Because with talent like this, if EoW ended at issue 30, but was an amazing story, we would all love it. And then the next thing these guys put out, we would go grab it up. I would rather have a story end than drag out for popularity's sake and start to go downhill.

+1 - not just in comics, but in pretty much every form of serialized storytelling.

Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Sopranos, etc.

vs.

The X-Files, ER, NYPD Blue, Dexter, etc.

No matter how great a story starts, when it's milked for every cent and continues on ad infinitum, it's bound to tail off badly and eventually fade into an obscure and crappy end.

Hell, if ASM had been a planned arc, concluding with the death of Gwen and the Goblin, I think it would have been epic.

Well said Solar.

I have finished #6 and I must say I am super impressed with the story telling as well as the art. It has me hooked.

Does any feel that the Sixth Gun is as popular as this book? I get the same kinda feeling from reading this book as I do when I read the Sixth Gun. And to me this book gets might get more attention. I feel both books are equally that good with story telling and art. I understand that everyone has there own opinions. Just asking.

Or is EoW top shelf and SG is well? Cause it's Image not Oni.

what's Sixth Gun :devil:

So far I'm siding with Sixth Gun but its got a lot more issues. Both are awesome westerns...

It is its just every one has one up and I understand moving on to next flip or needing the cash but it has to hurt at that price.

I never understand the rush to throw cash away.

Sure, if the book/movie is rubbish - take what you can get - RIPD is the best example of that - I'm happy to get $10 tbh. The film stank.

However with other Books, It has to be better to wait surely, and let the readership grow?

Peter Panzerfaust, Saga and Revival are good examples, $400, $100 and $45 respectively.

I'm more than happy to turn a $18 commitment (book + slabbing+ postage) into $45+ any day of the week.

I have listed some EoW, but at my price, and if they don't sell, I'm in no rush.

People are very canny to snap up these CGC issues for $18 while the glut is on. Next year you would hope after 12 issues, this should be a steady $40 - $50 book all day long.

2c

It is its just every one has one up and I understand moving on to next flip or needing the cash but it has to hurt at that price.

Sure, if the book/movie is rubbish - take what you can get - RIPD is the best example of that - I'm happy to get $10 tbh. The film stank.

However with other Books, It has to be better to wait surely, and let the readership grow?

Peter Panzerfaust, Saga and Revival are good examples, $400, $100 and $45 respectively.

I'm more than happy to turn a $18 commitment (book + slabbing+ postage) into $45+ any day of the week.

I have listed some EoW, but at my price, and if they don't sell, I'm in no rush.

People are very canny to snap up these CGC issues for $18 while the glut is on. Next year you would hope after 12 issues, this should be a steady $40 - $50 book all day long.

I get what you mean after 12 issues I will assume a non cgc copy will go for 40-o 50$ but I can definitely see this being 100+ book all day long for a 9.8 no question. 2c

who just stole this from me lolhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/290988847152?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649#ht_1895wt_1428

2c

Are you referring to #1's for PP, Saga and Revival?

2c

$18 to slab? super duper dealer discount? at non fast track, im at 14.40 plus $5 invoice and around $20 return shipping fedex. im looking at $20 per to break even, not even counting the price of the book. $18 even with return shipping to aus?

I get what you mean after 12 issues I will assume a non cgc copy will go for 40-o 50$ but I can definitely see this being 100+ book all day long for a 9.8 no question. 2c

who just stole this from me lolhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/290988847152?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649#ht_1895wt_1428

can someone can explain to me how sniping works? is this an example? like if someone had the initial bid at .99 and his max was $100, if someone using a sniping program had a max bid of $30 and there is 1 sec left, would it go to $31 or is the sniping program raising the bid by minimum until the time goes out? honest question.

2c

$18 to slab? super duper dealer discount? at non fast track, im at 14.40 plus $5 invoice and around $20 return shipping fedex. im looking at $20 per to break even, not even counting the price of the book. $18 even with return shipping to aus?

Yup

2c

Are you referring to #1's for PP, Saga and Revival?

I was, yes.

Are the prices wrong? I must admit to not looking at Saga for a bit.