• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Just looked - Saga is a bit higher than $100 - oops.

Still $145 means even better value for those still holding some (not me).!

It is its just every one has one up and I understand moving on to next flip or needing the cash but it has to hurt at that price.

I never understand the rush to throw cash away.

Sure, if the book/movie is rubbish - take what you can get - RIPD is the best example of that - I'm happy to get $10 tbh. The film stank.

However with other Books, It has to be better to wait surely, and let the readership grow?

Peter Panzerfaust, Saga and Revival are good examples, $400, $100 and $45 respectively.

I'm more than happy to turn a $18 commitment (book + slabbing+ postage) into $45+ any day of the week.

I have listed some EoW, but at my price, and if they don't sell, I'm in no rush.

People are very canny to snap up these CGC issues for $18 while the glut is on. Next year you would hope after 12 issues, this should be a steady $40 - $50 book all day long.

2c

$18 to slab? super duper dealer discount? at non fast track, im at 14.40 plus $5 invoice and around $20 return shipping fedex. im looking at $20 per to break even, not even counting the price of the book. $18 even with return shipping to aus?

Depends whether you buy your books from the U.S. and have them directly submitted for you then sent back to Australia - that's the cheapest option. But you still get charged for that. If you get them pressed there's obviously a charge also. I'd have to make at least $28 to break even here in Aus.

It is its just every one has one up and I understand moving on to next flip or needing the cash but it has to hurt at that price.

Sure, if the book/movie is rubbish - take what you can get - RIPD is the best example of that - I'm happy to get $10 tbh. The film stank.

However with other Books, It has to be better to wait surely, and let the readership grow?

Peter Panzerfaust, Saga and Revival are good examples, $400, $100 and $45 respectively.

I'm more than happy to turn a $18 commitment (book + slabbing+ postage) into $45+ any day of the week.

I have listed some EoW, but at my price, and if they don't sell, I'm in no rush.

People are very canny to snap up these CGC issues for $18 while the glut is on. Next year you would hope after 12 issues, this should be a steady $40 - $50 book all day long.

2c

$18 to slab? super duper dealer discount? at non fast track, im at 14.40 plus $5 invoice and around $20 return shipping fedex. im looking at $20 per to break even, not even counting the price of the book. $18 even with return shipping to aus?

Depends whether you buy your books from the U.S. and have them directly submitted for you then sent back to Australia - that's the cheapest option. But you still get charged for that. If you get them pressed there's obviously a charge also. I'd have to make at least $28 to break even here in Aus.

yeah, i would think that to break even you would have to be at around $28 in australia. im in the states, and even with a dealer discount have to hit $20 for non fast track just to break even. i just thought with even higher return shipping costs, $18 would not be breaking even.

2c

Yup

$14.40 pr. book for slabbing, $2.10 for the actual book (cover price $3.50 with a 40% discount), $0.15 for the invoice fee (on a 30 book sub) ... so on a 30 book invoice it's only costing you around $1.50/book to get it shipped from Australia to CGC and then back again to Australia?

2c

Yup

$14.40 pr. book for slabbing, $2.10 for the actual book (cover price $3.50 with a 40% discount), $0.15 for the invoice fee (on a 30 book sub) ... so on a 30 book invoice it's only costing you around $1.50/book to get it shipped from Australia to CGC and then back again to Australia?

You are making assumptions.

How I do things is mine to know. But it isn't like your scenario. Not even close.

And that's all I have to say on this matter.

2c

Yup

How I do things is mine to know. But it isn't like your scenario. Not even close.

sorry. i understand if bringing it up makes you relive hurtful memories you dont want to share. my apologies.

Read the description to this.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=EAST+OF+WEST+%239_1298703

How cool does this sound ? I thought this would happen further down the road. This makes me think the EOW universe is going to be much larger than I anticipated just a short time ago.

Edited by The Authority

2c

Yup

:lol:

The only thing that might change in the scenario above is the cost of the actual book - please don't pretend that you're somehow not paying the CGC fees I list above (and, yes, I realize you can save money by using a service within the US that buys the books here and submits them to CGC for you, but that still leaves getting them shipped back to Australia).

2c

Yup

The only thing that might change in the scenario above is the cost of the actual book - please don't pretend that you're somehow not paying the CGC fees I list above (and, yes, I realize you can save money by using a service within the US that buys the books here and submits them to CGC for you, but that still leaves getting them shipped back to Australia).

what he trying to say is he is best at break even. and stop :baiting: him. and stop asking questions.

2c

Yup

what he trying to say is he is best at break even. and stop :baiting: him. and stop asking questions.

but 18 isnt breaking even.