• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

East of West is definitely my favorite current ongoing. Saga and Thief of Thieves would round out my top three. I can't remember becoming this invested in a comic before. Every time I reread the trade, I find something new to love about it, whether it's a single panel or whole page that I find a new appreciation for, or a line of dialog that sticks out on a new read through. It's just fantastic.

Edited by Stark Resilient

Nice! Congrats. This is going to be the book to have for this series (other than the rrp). Only 1000 printed. If you think about it, thats just double the print run of the saga RRP. Plus, its my favorite cover so far in the series. Cant wait for mine to get back from cgc.

Yep I love it so much I have 18.9% of the print run

:o

As for book of the year... it's my favourite new book of the year along with Trillium. Mind MGMT and Locke & Key are still the bestest though.

Locke and key has been around for a few years now. Did you jump in at omega #1?

Nice! Congrats. This is going to be the book to have for this series (other than the rrp). Only 1000 printed. If you think about it, thats just double the print run of the saga RRP. Plus, its my favorite cover so far in the series. Cant wait for mine to get back from cgc.

Yep I love it so much I have 18.9% of the print run

:o

As for book of the year... it's my favourite new book of the year along with Trillium. Mind MGMT and Locke & Key are still the bestest though.

Locke and key has been around for a few years now. Did you jump in at omega #1?

No, I've been in since the beginning. That's why I said EoW and Trillium are my favourite NEW books of 2013.

This is def my fav right now. Saga is a close second. Trillium I think is fine but I read it in like 3 minutes, tops. It's a waste of money for me...

I don't think this will get to saga speculation levels, the RRP maybe. This is sad because I have 25 ish copies of the reg 1 and several of the others, not 1 RRP and not going to pay 600 for one... When that gets me 1/4 way to a decent xmen 1.

I think it might. Saga didnt really skyrocket until issue 9 or 10. I remember seeing first print #1's at my local shop when I was debating to go with floppies of the first trade paperback. I think east of west has just as good a chance as saga as being the hot book this year. Saga #1 is worth an arm and a leg, and there were something like 37,000 printed. The east of west ghost variant has a printing of 5000, the forbidden planet variant has a print run of 1000, and the rrp has the massively low print run of 200. I think it might take 6 months to a year for us to see the jump in price, but I sincerely think this book is headed for the top. Either way, the important part is thati'm in love with this book, even if its worthless, I'm still going to be stoked to have the whole run in my collection.

There are already near limitless stories that can be told in this new universe. It feels as comfortable as an old shoe but still extremely unpredictable. Who wouldn't like to see the Rangers, Death, the original Four Horsemen, the judges, the division of the country and the building of each empires their own books. I could go on for a while with many other potential interesting stories.

East of West is my book of the year, not just my new book of the year.

What's up emezy ? :hi:

:hi: Chilin trying to put some books on the sales thread just checked your tracking your book should be there soon. :applause: 3 other people received there packages today they are happy i am happy lol

USPS went from Brooklyn to Jersey which made sense. They then flew over Indiana and Illinois and the fine people of Missouri are temporarily in possession of my book lol

I'm sure there is a method to the madness but I wish they would have air dropped on my house today lol

Thanks again ! I can't wait to see the HC sketch or Five Ghosts #6 (thumbs u

:hi: Chilin trying to put some books on the sales thread just checked your tracking your book should be there soon. :applause: 3 other people received there packages today they are happy i am happy lol

USPS went from Brooklyn to Jersey which made sense. They then flew over Indiana and Illinois and the fine people of Missouri are temporarily in possession of my book lol

I'm sure there is a method to the madness but I wish they would have air dropped on my house today lol

not from what i see if i send a package from Brooklyn to another part of Brooklyn or anywhere in the city it goes to NJ first waist of gas & time. (shrug)

not from what i see if i send a package from Brooklyn to another part of Brooklyn or anywhere in the city it goes to NJ first waist of gas & time. (shrug)

Well everybody knows the best way to get from Brooklyn to Brooklyn is by way of Jersey :roflmao:

Well everybody knows the best way to get from Brooklyn to Brooklyn is by way of Jersey :roflmao:

what's the funniest thing is its not a joke they really do that. :flamed: