• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

NICE!

i would have snipped it, but forgot about the listing because of being at NYCC

And to think I was upset I didn't go to NYCC. :)

BTW...while you were at NYCC did you see any of these 14 page preview issues of this comic called "Spread" they were talking about on Comics Heating Up? Lone Wolf and Cub meets John Carpenters The Thing. Looks awesome.

see, you did well! :)

No, i didnt see much of anything up on the main floor. NYCC is alllllll about Artists Alley :D

I don't know why I didn't bid on either one of the RRPs that ended after NYCC. I'm still kicking myself for that.

I definitely want to get one graded, or one that I could submit. It's definitely a risk to bid on the raw ones. I sent him an offer, but it seems like he's pretty set on getting $300+ for it, and since it's raw I just don't think it's worth it.

No, i didnt see much of anything up on the main floor. NYCC is alllllll about Artists Alley :D

NYCC's Artist Alley is really top notch. I've gone to SDCC for the last three years, so NYCC usually isn't worth it. I only go to NYCC because my little cousin wants to go. Their Artist Alley definitely makes it worth it for me.

NYCC's Artist Alley is really top notch. I've gone to SDCC for the last three years, so NYCC usually isn't worth it. I only go to NYCC because my little cousin wants to go. Their Artist Alley definitely makes it worth it for me.

The only thing I will say is EoW is about as good as it gets...so I think a raw RRP has the potential to be worth $400+ but like I said I think the real key is whether u are buying as an investment or as a collector. If u are a collector I think u could rationalize paying high because u will never sell. As the Ranger develops this comic is only going to increase in value. I say buy it if u believe the condition stated is legitimate and u have the cash. 5 years from now $300 is going to seem like a steal. I turned down a Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 because $850 seemed too high...ugggggh!

The only thing I will say is EoW is about as good as it gets...so I think a raw RRP has the potential to be worth $400+ but like I said I think the real key is whether u are buying as an investment or as a collector. If u are a collector I think u could rationalize paying high because u will never sell. As the Ranger develops this comic is only going to increase in value. I say buy it if u believe the condition stated is legitimate and u have the cash. 5 years from now $300 is going to seem like a steal. I turned down a Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 because $850 seemed too high...ugggggh!

I definitely see your point, and I'm definitely not going to close the door entirely on this particular one. However, I'm definitely little hesitant, if for no other reason than that there's another raw that ends tomorrow that's at $102 right now (which will obviously go up), there's the potential to use that finished auction as a negotiating chip, and there's a 9.6 RRP with a 9.8 first print for $400.

As for why I'm buying it, I definitely want one for my collection, but I also wouldn't mind getting a second one for down the road.

Edited by Stark Resilient

I definitely see your point, and I'm definitely not going to close the door entirely on this particular one. However, I'm definitely little hesitant, if for no other reason than that there's another raw that ends tomorrow that's at $102 right now (which will obviously go up), there's the potential to use that finished auction as a negotiating chip, and there's a 9.6 RRP with a 9.8 first print for $400.

As for why I'm buying it, I definitely want one for my collection, but I also wouldn't mind getting a second one for down the road.

Sent u a PM

I would be weary of the $375 bin or best offer listing. No way of seeing the bottom edge or bottom spine corner of book.

But the seller states "High Grade" so it has to be a 9.8 candidate right????

:)

I am always VERY suspicious when a seller crops a picture to not show all 4 edges of a book.

I would be weary of the $375 bin or best offer listing. No way of seeing the bottom edge or bottom spine corner of book.

I am always VERY suspicious when a seller crops a picture to not show all 4 edges of a book.

you took the words out of my mouth not full disclosure on condition that thing would have probably sold by now with a full photo of the book it may look great but his pictures don't help. :boo:

you took the words out of my mouth not full disclosure on condition that thing would have probably sold by now with a full photo of the book it may look great but his pictures don't help. :boo:

Lets all meet back here at 6:34 pm on 10/26/2015 then we can all laugh about how much of a steal a raw EoW RRP for $375 would be. I agree on the way this is represented though...cropped picks and "High Grade" WTF does that even mean.

Edited by NigelTufnel42

NICE!

i would have snipped it, but forgot about the listing because of being at NYCC

And to think I was upset I didn't go to NYCC. :)

BTW...while you were at NYCC did you see any of these 14 page preview issues of this comic called "Spread" they were talking about on Comics Heating Up? Lone Wolf and Cub meets John Carpenters The Thing. Looks awesome.

Hijacking this....

I got a few copies of Spread from Justin Jordan in AA at NYCC. Justin brought a few "previews" that were roughly the first 14 pages. Kyle Strahm's art inside is beautiful!

The copies Justin and Kyle had at NYCC were just B&W on the inside pages but shortly after NYCC they put out a free "limited time" link to see the preview in color. Man it rocked!!

When I was speaking with Justin he said they were still "shopping" the book. I'll definately be onboard when it comes out.

Lets all meet back here at 6:34 pm on 10/26/2015 then we can all laugh about how much of a steal a raw EoW RRP for $375 would be. I agree on the way this is represented though...cropped picks and "High Grade" WTF does that even mean.

yeah a steal next year but not now glad I got in on the ground floor now if only I can get CGC ot send it back. lol

yeah I got in early. Got one of mine for $132 and the other for $106

I hate you.

Honestly, I've never been into variant covers before. However, I just really love this series and want them. I didn't even know there were any variants to issue 1 until about two or three months ago.. *facepalm*

yeah I got in early. Got one of mine for $132 and the other for $106

I hate you.

Honestly, I've never been into variant covers before. However, I just really love this series and want them. I didn't even know there were any variants to issue 1 until about two or three months ago.. *facepalm*

I wish I had gotten more. I could have picked up a couple more at $125 each and passed because I had myself spread thin on some SA and BA stuff.

My 2nd Fav #1 cover is the Forbidden Planet