• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

:hi: CBT

see what your thread has grown into? :)

:D yah, it's always fun when you get to start a thread with legs. So in my absence how has EoW been doing?

The story has been better than I was expecting. Sales have been about $4 per book on average since it hit #3 and has been holding there since. Issue #8 comes out next week. (thumbs u

The RRP is absolutely rocking on ebay and on these boards when you can find it.

Seems like theres less rrp's floating around the past couple weeks. Im interested to see how many come back yellow from NYCC, but its looking like most of the 9.8 candidates have been slabbed already. At this point, I agree with other people who have said if a copy is still raw, it's probably for a reason. I'm expecting them to catch a large jump in price around when the 2nd trade comes out, considering they seem much rarer than the saga rrp.

SIm interested to see how many come back yellow from NYCC,

Given how many were done of the Saga RRP, and that was prior to its second huge leg up, I would expect and absolute avalanche of them coming from NYCC.

The EoW RRP was touted from before its launch as the next potential Saga RRP, there will be a lot of them.

but its looking like most of the 9.8 candidates have been slabbed already. At this point, I agree with other people who have said if a copy is still raw, it's probably for a reason.

I agree, if you are talking about copies being sold Raw on ebay. But as with all books, there will be many people with 9.8 candidates who just havent got around to slabbing them. I wouldnt expect to be able to BUY a 9.8 raw candidate easily, but many definitely will exist in private hands.

Given how many were done of the Saga RRP, and that was prior to its second huge leg up, I would expect and absolute avalanche of them coming from NYCC.

The EoW RRP was touted from before its launch as the next potential Saga RRP, there will be a lot of them.

but its looking like most of the 9.8 candidates have been slabbed already. At this point, I agree with other people who have said if a copy is still raw, it's probably for a reason.

I agree, if you are talking about copies being sold Raw on ebay. But as with all books, there will be many people with 9.8 candidates who just havent got around to slabbing them. I wouldnt expect to be able to BUY a 9.8 raw candidate easily, but many definitely will exist in private hands.

Having witnessed a ton of the Hickman/Dragotta signings at NYCC, I don't think you'll see an avalanche like you did with the Saga RRP. Some got done, but nothing like the volume of Saga RRPs. Part of this is that I wager that there are fewer EoW RRPs than Saga RRPs and the distribution method (Diamond mailing them) left many mangled. In my opinion, it's just a much harder book to find in 9.8 condition than the Saga RRP and most people only sub modern SS books that they think have a shot at a 9.8.

I also agree that there are some raw 9.8 candidates out there, but, again, this is just a hard book to find in high grade.... period :-)

CBT!!!!

For what it's worth, I was with Hickman and Dragotta through much of their signings during the show. I didn't see that many RRPs. Of the ones I saw, maybe half were witnessed for SS. Maybe a dozen or so? Who knows, I may have missed the one guy who brought a stack of them. But I would be very surprised to see an avalanche of them show up as a result of NYCC, in the same way we saw for the SAGA RRP last year. For one thing, the SAGA RRP had a print run of 500 vs. 300 for EoW. Also, the SAGA RRP was more easily hoarded by speculators, who were buying them up for as low as $20 a pop when it was released. Everyone was already aware of the potential for an Image RRP thanks to SAGA by the time EoW's was released at C2E2 this year. They were around $100 a pop right out of the gate. The distribution of the EoW RRP also made it harder to hoard; you could buy SAGA RRPs directly from retailers at C2E2 last year. EoW RRPs were mailed after the show.

Obviously, there's nothing scientific about this. Just my impression from sitting at the table. I would say that Hickman signed 50% EoW and 50% Marvel. Dragotta, though, was more like 95% EoW, 5% everything else. For EoW, the most commonly signed items were the regular #1 issue, then the trade, then other issues...not too many #1 variants, overall.

Having witnessed a ton of the Hickman/Dragotta signings at NYCC, I don't think you'll see an avalanche like you did with the Saga RRP. Some got done, but nothing like the volume of Saga RRPs. Part of this is that I wager that there are fewer EoW RRPs than Saga RRPs and the distribution method (Diamond mailing them) left many mangled. In my opinion, it's just a much harder book to find in 9.8 condition than the Saga RRP and most people only sub modern SS books that they think have a shot at a 9.8.

I also agree that there are some raw 9.8 candidates out there, but, again, this is just a hard book to find in high grade.... period :-)

CBT!!!!

Beat me to it. doh! But it appears we agree...glad you saw the same thing and I'm not crazy!

CBT!!!!

Beat me to it. doh! But it appears we agree...glad you saw the same thing and I'm not crazy!

No worries, but you are crazy, just not for this reason :-)

CBT!!!!

hey :)

excellent points by both of you, and well positioned to know. I didnt realize the EoW was only a 300, that's a huge game changer, and the altered distribution method is a good point too. Those two together definitely cut into the amount any one person or group could assemble together. (Court's saga pic in the back of my head)

I remember that during the debate about how many NYCC Saga yellows were coming, more ended up turning up then people thought they "saw" come through. It will definitely be interesting to watch the registry when the NYCC books start mailing in a few years months

Yea, between the print run on the RRP being 300, some copies getting mangled because diamond shipped them direct to retailers, and the ink stains that plagued many of the back covers, I'd estimate (guess) theres only about 150-200 copies of the RRP that could even potentially be 9.8's. thats drastically lower than the 350+ potential 9.8's from the saga RRP. This book is going to climb once this series really catches on. (Still feel like it hasnt reached its full potential, audience wise) hickman is killing it over at marvel right now, and its only a matter of time before those fans go looking for his creator owned work.

The forbidden planet variant is also going to be the sleeper book for this series. Its been said before, but its only got a print run of 1000, making it just half as rare as the saga rrp. Glad I've got ten copies each of the ghost variant, forbidden planet, and five RRP's either slabbed and stashed away, or at cgc waiting to come back. I'll probly hold on to them until the book hits issues 12-15, and even then, I'm probably keeping half of them to line my casket with. I'm a collector, not a profiteer.

Edited by Meta4

Yea, between the print run on the RRP being 300, some copies getting mangled because diamond shipped them direct to retailers, and the ink stains that plagued many of the back covers, I'd estimate (guess) theres only about 150-200 copies of the RRP that could even potentially be 9.8's. thats drastically lower than the 350+ potential 9.8's from the saga RRP. This book is going to climb once this series really catches on. (Still feel like it hasnt reached its full potential, audience wise) hickman is killing it over at marvel right now, and its only a matter of time before those fans go looking for his creator owned work.

The forbidden planet variant is also going to be the sleeper book for this series. Its been said before, but its only got a print run of 1000, making it just half as rare as the saga rrp. Glad I've got ten copies each of the ghost variant, forbidden planet, and five RRP's either slabbed and stashed away, or at cgc waiting to come back. I'll probly hold on to them until the book hits issues 12-15, and even then, I'm probably keeping half of them to line my casket with. I'm a collector, not a profiteer.

What's it going to take for this series to "catch on" ? The print run is declining no? I 'm sitting on a ton of #1s and would like to unload at $50 a pop. lol.

What's it going to take for this series to "catch on" ? The print run is declining no? I 'm sitting on a ton of #1s and would like to unload at $50 a pop. lol.

Its very strange I see a book like Sex Criminals which dropped from 37,000 #1 to 22,000 #2 selling on ebay for $24-25 for 1-3.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sleeper+season+1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xsex+criminals+1+2+3.TRS0&_nkw=sex+criminals+1+2+3&_sacat=63

EoW 1-7 bringing $25-30

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sex+criminals+1+2+3&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xeast+of+west+1+2+3.TRS0&_nkw=east+of+west+1+2+3&_sacat=63

I don't get it. Its a great story either way and I can't wait for #8.

Its very strange I see a book like Sex Criminals which dropped from 37,000 #1 to 22,000 #2 selling on ebay for $24-25 for 1-3.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sleeper+season+1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xsex+criminals+1+2+3.TRS0&_nkw=sex+criminals+1+2+3&_sacat=63

EoW 1-7 bringing $25-30

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sex+criminals+1+2+3&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xeast+of+west+1+2+3.TRS0&_nkw=east+of+west+1+2+3&_sacat=63

I don't get it. Its a great story either way and I can't wait for #8.

Very strange. I would of bet EoW would have been inching closer to a 40k print run considering the quality of the book and how hot this thread is.

I think it's because you have many who are strictly speculators who bought/are buying the book and never read it. They are skiddish and just trying to get out. People who have read the book and know the potential hold on for when it really does blossom audience wise.

I think it's because you have many who are strictly speculators who bought/are buying the book and never read it. They are skiddish and just trying to get out. People who have read the book and know the potential hold on for when it really does blossom audience wise.

That makes sense but if thats the case, I think they are missing a heck of a story. 2c

jreezy says:

What's it going to take for this series to "catch on" ? The print run is declining no? I 'm sitting on a ton of #1s and would like to unload at $50 a pop.
lol

http://www.comicbooktrends.com/css/forumsqltable.css'>

Series

Issue

PrintRun

East of West

East of West

East of West

East of West

East of West

East of West