• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Good deal. It was posted on the boards a couple weeks ago, so we did get first crack. Love the red sigs, owner has a 9.8 in a similiar style as well. If I wasn't stretched so thin right now would have been all over it. Actually just got a 9.4 Sandman 8 Berger variant SS Neil Gaiman, that took up all my Xmas comic funds for the most part, very happy I own it though

And so far my EoW run is

#1 Double SS 9.8

RRP Double SS + sketched 9.8

FP 1 9.8 double SS, and a blue 9.9

#2 double SS

#4 double SS

#5 double SS

#6 double SS

Also have leads on the ghost, 2, 7, 8 all in double SS that I'm missing. Loving this book and want to do a full run like this. Need a #1 reg in 9.9, if anyone has one please let me know. Will try to get scans soon, work, drinking, gf, life all getting in the way...

Edited by kapzilla

You are assuming correctly lol

I saw 2 raw RRP copies sell last night for around $160 in NM or better and around $130 for NM-. I think you could make a little and maybe a lot for being patient with these for a month or two.

Patience from the comic crowd? hm

Better yet, patience from the comic speculator crowd? :popcorn:

Keep your marathon shoes on TA, we know you're a runner :)

You are assuming correctly lol

I saw 2 raw RRP copies sell last night for around $160 in NM or better and around $130 for NM-. I think you could make a little and maybe a lot for being patient with these for a month or two.

Patience from the comic crowd? hm

Better yet, patience from the comic speculator crowd? :popcorn:

Keep your marathon shoes on TA, we know you're a runner :)

You and I think a lot alike. I just wish I had kept a better eye on those last night. I had a lot of kids coming and going yesterday. lol

That $130 "NM-" was me. But if you look at the scans, it looks crisper than most of the graded 9.8's ive seen. Looked like it had no bindery tears whatsoever, and the back was crisp, pristine white. I think the dip in ebay prices on the RRP's is due to the holiday season, not an overall trend. And this is early to be dumping an RRP in my opinion anyway. Once the series hits 16-25 issues, I think we're gonna see just how rare near mint copy's of this book are, and see prices like the saga rrp was fetching last summer. I've got 6 east of west rrp's now. 4ss, 2 raw 9.8 candidates that i'm blue labelling. And right now, I'm planning on sitting on them for at least a year or two.

Thanks!

my biggest problem is that im running out of room on top of my collection shelf for all these cgc'd east of west books. Im going to have to start wall mounting them. The first box I had submitted at NYCC is coming back today too. All 9.8's SS, with one copy of each sketched. (Hopefully with a different charecter on each of them) 10 ghost variants double SS, 4 forbidden planet double SS, a copy of each of the regular issues double SS, and a double SS and sketched #4 blank variant. I love this series, and really see it going far. I think we just have to be patient. Trying to offload graded NM copys of rare books when the series has just reached #8 is crazy.

Longevity, people.

What were walking dead #1's going for when the series was on #8?

Just using it to illustrate a point. Selling books (especially rare variants) before a series has hit #8 is jumping the gun. Not thinking this book is going to be "the next walking dead", nor do I care. I invested in this book because I love it. Its my favorite modern series since planetary. If it tanks completely, I'm still gonna be stoked that Ive got a wall full of signed nm issues,

I love it too :) I made a decision on this book to only keep the RRP. I'm doing the Saga registry right now and trying to keep up with series is too much.

The one thing I might do in the future is get EOW blanks sketched on by my favorite artists. I'm looking to get Mooneyham and Kindt sketches of some of the characters

And Planetary is AWESOME also! Did you see the new hardcover omnibus coming out? I missed out on the Absolute Editions so I'll be picking that up for sure.

I did see the omnibus. I own the 4 first print hardcovers, and the absolute editions. Im trying to decide if I should sell the four hardcovers and buy the omnibus. Does anyone know if DC has been making these omnibus's with sewn bindings (like the invisibles omnibus)? That would make the decision for me.

And I agree that this series is going to go far. I just wanted to clarify that I'm not some speculator just trying to hop on whats hot. Im obsessed with east of west. Ive got multiple cgc'd copies of every issue released, essembled a SS sketched run, a Double SS yellow label run, and a blue label run. Its turning into a sickness. Im probly only going to be selling the extras I've gotten slabbed to help offset the costs of my 3 sets. And even then, probly not for a good while.

The wait between issues has been a good lesson in patience, but now I'm starting to get itchy waiting for an oversized hardcover "absolute" edition. Theres a gap waiting for it beside my luna brothers "absolutes"...