• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Tell me about it. Im re-reading 6 and 7 this evening to get myself hyped for #8 tommorow. Looks like another ranger cover too.

And chuck, I completely agree. I can be patient, if they can keep up this level of quality throughout the series, this will be one for the history books. The charecter design, worldbuilding, and mix of colonial futurism set this book apart from all others in my opinion. Between east of west, prophet, and saga, image is paving the way for the future of science fiction. Glad I get to see it from the beggining.

Edited by Meta4

Tell me about it. Im re-reading 6 and 7 this evening to get myself hyped for #8 tommorow. Looks like another ranger cover too.

And chuck, I completely agree. I can be patient, if they can keep up this level of quality throughout the series, this will be one for the history books. The charecter design, worldbuilding, and mix of colonial futurism set this book apart from all others in my opinion. Between east of west, prophet, and saga, image is paving the way for the future of science fiction. Glad I get to see it from the beggining.

Well said :golfclap:

Some pretty interesting census data on EoW RRP(C2E2).

Currently now 25 Blues and 23 Yellows Graded 9.8

There are 9 other books graded sub 9.8

Total of 57 books.

I don't think we are going to see many more of these getting slabbed, at least not in large quantity.

The NYCC didn't cause a spike in numbers like most thought.

Also, have we ever seen SS and non-SS numbers so close?

Just for accuracy, theres 4 SS rrp's I had submitted at NYCC that havent made it back yet, and 2 more raws I'm submitting at wizard world portland. So once those are graded (all look 9.8) we'll be dead even at 27 blue and 27 yellow. Still, not a very large amount of these around. Im interested to know how many 9.8 candidates are out there, and how many were ruined due to shipping damage and ink stains.

Edited by Meta4

That $130 "NM-" was me. But if you look at the scans, it looks crisper than most of the graded 9.8's ive seen. Looked like it had no bindery tears whatsoever, and the back was crisp, pristine white. I think the dip in ebay prices on the RRP's is due to the holiday season, not an overall trend. And this is early to be dumping an RRP in my opinion anyway. Once the series hits 16-25 issues, I think we're gonna see just how rare near mint copy's of this book are, and see prices like the saga rrp was fetching last summer. I've got 6 east of west rrp's now. 4ss, 2 raw 9.8 candidates that i'm blue labelling. And right now, I'm planning on sitting on them for at least a year or two.

that's nice book by the scan, good catch. I'm wondering why it list as NM-. maybe seller just use that to cover his .

Also, I don't know why it didn't show on my saved search from Ebay. still looking for one at a reasonable price.

I was the one who grabbed the blue 9.8 RRP for $350. I was really close at nabbing a Dragotta SS but was 2nd best @ $450. I hadn't seen many RRPs floating around, so I consider myself lucky in grabbing a CGC 9.8 below $375. I'm now part of the club!

I'm also stocking up on the raw #1s. Bought 24 for $126 including shipping, which comes out to $5.25 per unit. 22 were solid 9.8 candidates, 1 had a slightly crushed corner (9.6?) and one had a slight tear (9.4?), so I'm pleased. I'm using the 9.4 as a reading copy. Re-read it and remembered just how compelling Death's entrance was. :grin:

Very interesting issue today. Some parallels to politics of our day.

^^^ Ditto. Kinda depressing issue.

Depressing as in not good or as in mirroring current events ?

Not so much mirroring but showing possibilities of a direction we could be heading.

Very interesting issue today. Some parallels to politics of our day.

^^^ Ditto. Kinda depressing issue.

Depressing as in not good or as in mirroring current events ?

Not so much mirroring but showing possibilities of a direction we could be heading.

hm

I was going to sneak out of here today but my 2 sons both had car wrecks approximately 5 hours apart from each other and both work for me. Depressing is how I would describe the first half of this day. lol

Oh well, no injuries so everything is as good as I could hope for under the circumstances. (thumbs u