• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two of a kind

5 posts in this topic

or Where are you Wallace?

A small while ago I resigned myself to purchasing the only signature series copy of Marvel Graphic Novel #4. I was Wallaced out of a few copies earlier that same year. It was a Monday when I went into work during Hurricane Sandy that I figured I would save money by staying home. There was no such luck, an impromptu e-mail advise me that the book was available.

I was in New York attempting to gain signatures for some of my own books when I met Wallace. He was at the CGC booth with a book I wanted very badly, in fact I was bidding on the same book that he won. If I did win the auction I would not have had the balls to crack open the 9.8 slab and carry it around with me to get signed by not only Chris Claremont but Bob Mcleod as well.

I had a good day that day. I got the signatures I wanted and I wish Wallace luck. I hoped that his book would retain the 9.8 status. I have not had the good fortune to keep in contact with Wallace, I just got is name and a story to go with it. I have checked up on the census on occasion. My curiosity always wondering if he achieved his dream status of attaining a 9.8 copy signed by the two creators of my favorite comic book.

I was 1 of 16 out of the books graded a 9.8, but now there are 2 of 17, two of which are signature series in a 9.8. The problem is there are still 15 in a 9.8 Universal. I would figure if this book was indeed the book that belonged to Wallace that the 15 would become a 14 instead. I can only guess that another person sent a Marvel Graphic Novel #4 in to get graded. Either way I hope that Wallace received his 9.8 status, because anyone cracking a 9.8 of such a book deserves to retain the same grade, mind you spilling peanut butter on the book withstanding.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

and for my review of Superior Spider-Man #1

http://ashotofcomics.blogspot.com/2013/01/superior-spider-man-1-roundabout-review.html

12844.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

Very nice book! I like how Bob McLeod's real signature matches the one already in print just below Xavier's wheelchair. He's very underrated and his works deserve more spotlight. I remember that cover so fondly from my childhood. Congrats!

I would figure if this book was indeed the book that belonged to Wallace that the 15 would become a 14 instead.

That would depend on whether or not he sent the label in with it, if he didn't CGC wouldn't know to remove one of the Universal copies from the census.

I would figure if this book was indeed the book that belonged to Wallace that the 15 would become a 14 instead.

That would depend on whether or not he sent the label in with it, if he didn't CGC wouldn't know to remove one of the Universal copies from the census.
Thank you, I did forget about that, but I would have figured since CGC cracked open the slab themselves they would have kept the universal label.