• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age of Marvel Comics

6 posts in this topic

Picked this up the other day, it has reprints of various Marvel stories as I'm sure most of you GA veterans already know. For those who haven't seen it I would highly recommend it. Marvel Mystery #8 with the start of the Torch-Namor battle, Captain America vs the Red Skull which I really liked. Everett's art is my favorite. He just has a certain smooth style to his work that gives it an extra dimension. You actually feel like you are underwater when readin those Sub-Mariner stories.

The Vision was interesting and its obvious that the current version is patterned after the original. I think Buscema was the first to draw the Vision in the Avengers #57 but how much input did Kirby have with the characters development some 25 years after he drew the original?

I don't think Kirby had any input with the Vision in the Silver age or Bronze,other then the occasional cover on the Avengers in the 70's !!! BTW The golden age of Marvel, thumbsup2.gifCool book!!! There is a 2nd book that came out also that is worth getting!! It's about time Marvel started putting out some Golden Age archives,trade paper backs, etc..They have a wealth of history ,don't waste it I say!!!!

It's about time Marvel started putting out some Golden Age archives,trade paper backs, etc..They have a wealth of history ,don't waste it I say!!!!

Well, they are coming out with this:

GOLDEN AGE MARVEL COMICS VOL. 1

In celebration of 65 years in comic book publishing the House of Ideas is proud to present the first four issues of the comic series that launched Marvel Comics. This monumental hardcover volume re-masters and restores these first four historic issues and collects them for the first time. Return to the Golden Age of comics with the original tales of Sub- Mariner, the Human Torch, the Angel, and Ka-Zar. 264 pages. Variant Edition available.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Yeah, I ordered that & the reprint of Marvel Mystery # 9 from my LCS!!! Looking forward to them !!! It's about time I say , let's see some more stuff from Marvel ,like this!!!

It's about time Marvel started putting out some Golden Age archives,trade paper backs, etc..They have a wealth of history ,don't waste it I say!!!!

Well, they are coming out with this:

GOLDEN AGE MARVEL COMICS VOL. 1

In celebration of 65 years in comic book publishing the House of Ideas is proud to present the first four issues of the comic series that launched Marvel Comics. This monumental hardcover volume re-masters and restores these first four historic issues and collects them for the first time. Return to the Golden Age of comics with the original tales of Sub- Mariner, the Human Torch, the Angel, and Ka-Zar. 264 pages. Variant Edition available.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I think I might buy it even though I also already have the Marvel #1 hardcover reprint and an original issue #4 in my collection. Marvel Mystery #9 is in my sights. I think I'm going to sell a bunch of my SA stuff to get a copy of it. cloud9.gif