• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will this negativity toward restoration ever go away?

22 posts in this topic

Please describe what japanese paper restoration looks like and more importantly, why should I be concerned about it. On the cover there are definite white areas around the edges of the comic. They are noticeable if you angle the book a certain way. I believe the seller advised me the paper was "rebuilt". The whole area around the cover (about 2' from the edge) seems to be whiter than the area past the 2". Like I said, it was a lot of work. Seller also told me there was preservation done along with the restoration, so to my understanding, there wouldn't be any deterioration from possible short cuts taken during the process, as this was one of my concerns.

Also, he wants $1600.00 US. But, I have an opportunity to trade some of the books in my collection for a large part of what he wants. I purchased these books for a song a long time ago, and never really had no interest in keeping them long-term. Seller seems to feel that although a year ago, Good prices were fair apparent VF restored books, he NOW seems to feel that selling prices have edged towards VG guide. YOUR OPINION ON THIS (AND ANYONE ELSE) WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

This was a Good or a Good - and restored to an apparent VF (not CGC graded). Is it worth VG guide? ($1600.00 US) Will it ever be worth VG guide. Or if I do decide to buy it, should I only if I want the comic in my collection with no hope of it ever being worth more in 10 or 20 years. (I am in it for the long term)