• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official eBay Drank My Milkshake Thread

433 posts in this topic

So I bought a Vault of Horror comic raw last week. Title was nice enough to say "No Tape". Got it today, both sides are glued onto the book. Looks like there's about 3 spots of super glue on each side....

Well, he didnt lie, It wasn't TAPE!!!

:signfunny: (kind of)

Has anyone talked about eBay now charging $1 off the top for auctions that are 1-3 days? I usually do 5 to 7 day auctions, but every once in a while I need a 1-3 day auction.

Not to get too nutty, but subscribers pay for "FREE" listings a month. So, eBay drank my milkshake (again).

:popcorn:

MORE INFO

I'm still looking for an easier and more reliable listing tool for ebay, rather

than Turbolister Dos. Oh, and did I mention open source , freeware, shareware,

etc.?

Quick question for eBay store owners.

Does anyone know if there is a way to see how long your listing has been active? In my store I set all my listings to "good til cancel" and would like to discount the ones that don't move.

Could have sworn I've stumbled upon this before.

Thanks in advance!

Just got this message from buyer on an item I sold:

Hi

I see that you have invoiced me. I was asking if you would be willing to take $ 200 . I am new to ebay .

Not sure if I actually want this item.

Just got this message from buyer on an item I sold:

Hi

I see that you have invoiced me. I was asking if you would be willing to take $ 200 . I am new to ebay .

Not sure if I actually want this item.

Cancel the transaction. Not worth the headache. But before you do, call eBay and warn them ahead of time. Because if you force the person to take it for whatever they originally bought it for they will be unhappy. If you cancel the sale they will be unhappy.

But I would not ship a single thing. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't so don't be damned and lose the product.

And no... do not take $200 after $200+x was the already agreed on price.

These "I just won this for x but only want to pay y now" buyers really tick me off. It's not even a "new to eBay" thing. Where in life is this behaviour acceptable? If you agree on a price, that's the dang price.

...my 9.8 Spawn 1 is my wall hanging reminder of this.

No what happened was he sent an offer and I accepted it. Thus the sale went through. He's not asking for it cheaper he's saying he didn't know he was buying it when he sent the offer. He apparently doesn't want it at all, at any price, he was 'just seeing' if I would accept $200.

No what happened was he sent an offer and I accepted it. Thus the sale went through. He's not asking for it cheaper he's saying he didn't know he was buying it when he sent the offer. He apparently doesn't want it at all, at any price, he was 'just seeing' if I would accept $200.

Well....I guess that is a tad more understandable?

He sent an offer, you accepted it and now he wants to back out. I'd tell him to send a cancellation request and I'll gladly accept it (because who would want to deal with this insufficiently_thoughtful_person anyway?).

If you report him to ebay might just ask him to pay and then you'll hafta mail him the book. This may open a can of worms, so it's best to just accept a cancellation request, but let him initiate it.