• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official eBay Drank My Milkshake Thread

433 posts in this topic

Hello all -

I have a situation that's not really bothering me, as constantly on my mind. On 2/29/16 I sold a comic on ebay. On 3/31/16 I received this message from ebay asking me about my returns experience. But I never received a return request.

Should I still be expecting one? Has this sort of thing ever happened to anyone here?

Thanks,

Mike

Similar experience, interestingly the same sell date (2-29) and notice date (3-31) as you.

I filled out the survey and noted that I had no such request.

Similar experience, interestingly the same sell date (2-29) and notice date (3-31) as you.

I filled out the survey and noted that I had no such request.

Hmmm, coincidence? Or a glitch?

I have an item out for $49.95, BIN/BO. Just got an offer saying essentially "I will offer you $22. That's my best price I can pay, as I can find this elsewhere for $39.95".

So, you tell me up front you won't pay anymore than a certain price, because you can find it elsewhere at ~double what you are offering me for mine.

hm

I declined with no response. Blocked them as well.

-slym

I have an item out for $49.95, BIN/BO. Just got an offer saying essentially "I will offer you $22. That's my best price I can pay, as I can find this elsewhere for $39.95".

So, you tell me up front you won't pay anymore than a certain price, because you can find it elsewhere at ~double what you are offering me for mine.

hm

-slym

Blocked HARD. Kung fu is very weak with this one.

hm

-slym

He was trying to use a Jedi mind trick on you! Good thing you aren't weak-minded.

giphy.gif

"the force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded"

I have a FF 5 on ebay auction with 12 pictures and my description state "Cover and centerfold are attached and comic is complete. No restoration of any kind on comic".

I get this message.

Hi,

Beautiful book!

I had some questions that I couldn't tell from the pics.

Are there missing pages, coupons, or cutouts?

Has any trimming been done?

Any moisture stains?

Are the original staples fastened?

Are the staples rusty?

Any spine splits?

Any major tears worth mentioning?

Is there mold?

Any tanning or dust shadows on the book?

Has tape been added to the book?

Is there writing anywhere?

Are there any defects not in the description worth mentioning?

Thank you,

Here is my reply

Woah! I bet you have that copied and pasted! Anyway I'm out of town until Thursday night and by then auction will be over. Anyway I did take 12 pictures and that is all I can do is have you look at pics as I don't have book in hand. Sorry I can't be of more help. Leroy

I have a FF 5 on ebay auction with 12 pictures and my description state "Cover and centerfold are attached and comic is complete. No restoration of any kind on comic".

I get this message.

Hi,

Beautiful book!

Any moisture stains?

Are the staples rusty?

Any spine splits?

Is there mold?

Thank you,

Here is my reply

Woah! I bet you have that copied and pasted! Anyway I'm out of town until Thursday night and by then auction will be over. Anyway I did take 12 pictures and that is all I can do is have you look at pics as I don't have book in hand. Sorry I can't be of more help. Leroy

If it were my account-- I would most likely block this person as they sound like they will be a pain if they win. And the fact that they use this canned bank of questions and did not bother to edit them to take into account anything already expressly stated would concern me. Odd behavior-- Serious AVOID imo.

I get this message.

Hi,

Beautiful book!

Any moisture stains?

Are the staples rusty?

Any spine splits?

Is there mold?

Thank you,

Here is my reply

They left one out; "Has this book ever been used as toilet paper?"