• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCS or not?

10 posts in this topic

I recently purchased 2 CGC comics, both Spider-Man 1, both 9.8 (silver and regular edition) and I just noticed both of them have some spine damage and a very small piece missing at the bottom left corner. My question is: is it necessarily caused by shaking inside the protective case or might it be normal for a 9.8 comic?

Very possible. Keep in mind every time you crack out a book and resubmit it, it could come back lower, stay the same or go higher. Given that the book already is a 9.8 you only really have lower and the same to look forward to.

I got them for 25 $. The grading fees alone would cost more or less the same; it was a good deal. Moreover I don't live in the USA and although it's a common book, it would be quite hard for me to find a raw copy that is actually mint.