• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPECIAL OFFER: Joe Kubert: Obscure and One of Kind Items!

8 posts in this topic

SPECIAL OFFER: Take everything posted in this thread. That includes every item. The letters, the notes, the production materials, etc. for $125 shipped! You'll never find these items anywhere else.

As we all know Joe Kubert passed away last summer.

I was able to pick up some items from his estate that I figured some people on here would love to have.

I really learned a lot researching some of these items and it was really cool finding out details on his projects that pretty much no one else could have known.

Everything is not for sale yet but I'll offer up a couple items to see if there is any interest.

First :takeit: in thread gets the item.

Shipping is included in the price in the US. Outside the US we will figure it out.

Payment via paypal, check, or money order all work.

If nothing else, enjoy these cool items!

Joe Kubert worked on the daily comic strip in the mid to late sixties called The Tales of the Green Beret.

Here is a great interview with Joe about this time in his career. I find it fascinating that he didn't agree with what the strip stood for.

http://matttauber.blogspot.com/2008/03/interview-with-joe-kubert-about-robin.html

The strip was said to have been scripted by Robin Moore, but it was actually ghost written by Jerry Capp(Al Capp's brother).

I was able to pick up a lot of the scripts that were sent to Joe. Some have his notes on them and corrections which could have been made by the writer.

I'd like to show one of the most interesting ones. This is not for sale right now but though some boardies would find it interesting.

This -script was for one of the last strips that Kubert worked on. Included are two letters to Joe explaining that they are having problems with the syndicate(newspapers) over the content. One of the letters is on "Robjer" letterhead, which as far as I can tell is a company started by Robin Moore and Jerry Capp. Super interesting history if you know anything about this comic strip.

I didn't scan all the pages, just a few...

th_scan0006-3_zps77c340ff.jpgth_scan0004-2_zps26c8130a.jpgth_scan0005-3_zps9c90a042.jpgth_scan0008-2_zps2a22489e.jpgth_scan0009-2_zps99703783.jpg

I'm going to offer of this -script from the last week of 1967. It is 8 pages long. Each day of the week has 1 page of -script, 2 pages for Sunday. This particular -script has quite a bit of notations and even some story boarding. I included scans of the first 3 pages.

This is a one of a kind piece and very cool historically.

$75

th_scan0001-2_zpsf645bf1c.jpgth_scan0002-1_zps2bc54ec7.jpgth_scan0003-2_zps48ea80d7.jpg

Kubert self-published a mag n the 70's called Sojourn. It had an all-star line up of artists but fell flat after just 2 issues.

I have a lot of of productions materials from this. Including a handwritten press releases, notes, and the design for the original logo. The book was supposed to be called "Now" but was changed to Sojourn. Not sure if that was every known until now. Here's some of the stuff I found...

th_scan0010-1_zps9fba37b1.jpg

th_scan0013-2_zps1437dfcd.jpg

th_scan0014-3_zps5b273e48.jpg

Cool letterhead those notes are on...

th_scan0015-3_zpsfc2ec76b.jpg

th_scan0011-2_zps1be2385d.jpg

th_scan0017-3_zps0c003853.jpg

My favorite piece...

th_scan0016-2_zps35e21341.jpg