• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

was superman for sale

75 posts in this topic

Please note that since I put JMG on the Probation List, I have heard from multiple people that they had the exact same or similar experience with him. Therefore, I feel it is of greater importance to let people know because my experience was not an isolated one.

Please also note that once I notified Crees that I was putting him on the Probation List, rather than him facing any responsibility, he changed his board name.

Anyone is free to PM or email me.

Don’t worry, David : one day you’ll send the best offer for a page you want and you’ll get it. you won’t have to insult and threaten people who received better offers than yours !

"I'm sorry, I had told you $ (the agreed price he "sold" it to me for) but I had no idea that he could offer $$$ and I'm sure you can understand I don't want to miss on $$$."

:facepalm:

I will post one last message about this story because I have done nothing wrong and because I don't believe I have faulted or harmed anyone :

- First, I have not shopped his offer (20k$ for a piece that I have paid 6k$ 2 weeks before :) to the other buyer (who is also on this group… He can confirm it !).

- Yes, I have told him that we had a deal, but 1 minute later when I told to the other buyer the piece was sold (his frist offer was 18 or 19k$) he sends me a higher offer : 23k$.

- I have offered David 2 more opportunities to buy the cover than the other buyer (the last one was even under the offer of this buyer).

- Finally, it all happened in less than 1 hour.

Conclusion :

I decided to end our discussion and sell it to the other buyer when David started to insult me and make threats.

I have simply sold my cover (which was not for sale) to the highest offer (which was a crazy and stupid number)…

That’s it ! End of story !

I will post one last message about this story because I have done nothing wrong and because I don't believe I have faulted or harmed anyone :

- First, I have not shopped his offer (20k$ for a piece that I have paid 6k$ 2 weeks before :) to the other buyer (who is also on this group… He can confirm it !).

- Yes, I have told him that we had a deal, but 1 minute later when I told to the other buyer the piece was sold (his frist offer was 18 or 19k$) he sends me a higher offer : 23k$.

- I have offered David 2 more opportunities to buy the cover than the other buyer (the last one was even under the offer of this buyer).

Conclusion :

I decided to end our discussion and sell it to the other buyer when David started to insult me and make threats.

I have simply sold my cover (which was not for sale) to the highest offer (which was a crazy and stupid number)…

That is where the story should end...

Conclusion :

These boards are searchable until the end of time. You just sold your reputation for $3,000. Congrats.

Thank you all for understanding what happened.

I commend Christophe (aka Crees Tyler aka JMG) for giving his portrayal of the events that transpired. Yes, he offered me the opportunity to match the counter offer (+$3000) and then offered me the opportunity to buy the cover for +$1500 more than the number we had a deal at. I was not willing to renegotiate on a deal.

But I'm glad the boards recognize why what he did was wrong and I hope that some day Christophe understands it as well because again, I'm not the only person he has done this to.

Yes, I have told him that we had a deal, but 1 minute later when I told to the other buyer the piece was sold (his frist offer was 18 or 19k$) he sends me a higher offer : 23k$.

Wow. It's few and far between that you actually hear someone saying that going back on their word is a totally acceptable business philosophy.

For a very limited time I'm offering my Superman cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams for sale.

PM me if you are interested and I will give you my asking price ! ;)

4125113892_47d3772c66_b.jpg

Thank you

So we should PM for the price you want that minute or the price you might want an hour later?

Just trying to figure out the best way to hit a moving target........

For a very limited time I'm offering my Superman cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams for sale.

Thank you

So we should PM for the price you want that minute or the price you might want an hour later?

Heat seeking missile?

Thank you

Heat seeking missile?

Just be a nice guy and send an extra $1500 over the agreed upon price just to be safe

:devil:

Also, since he claims that that was the end of the story, that is not in line with what he told me three days after our "deal." This was my last email from Christophe, again three days later, which clearly based on his note above is a lie:

Hello David,

Have you seen that the cover still in my gallery ?

After all this, I have decided to not sell it and keep it !

Regards,

Chris

Also, since he claims that that was the end of the story, that is not in line with what he told me three days after our "deal." This was my last email from Christophe, again three days later, which clearly based on his note above is a lie:

Hello David,

Have you seen that the cover still in my gallery ?

After all this, I have decided to not sell it and keep it !

Regards,

Chris

Well, the description does state "For a very limited time"......

So it looks like this offer is good to go if the buyer will simply pay whatever amount is requested, then pay whatever additional amount is requested, then make sure it gets to the seller before the arbitrary "limited time" expires. I don't see what the problem is.

Just 3 questions :

1- Did David lose something ? No. Except a lot of time imagining he’s one of my countless “victims”, please if there are others come forward !

2- Did I receive a firm offer and confirm the deal to him ? No. Like dozens of other people who wanted that piece, he sent me a “what if” scenario, to test the water like so many do (and I have say YES to this scenario). But when he sent me a firm offer, I never accepted it.

3- Did I ask for a better offer from anyone else ? No. If I shopped his offer to anyone, please come forward.

Am I sorry ? Yes. I’m sorry that someone has spent hours willing to destroy my reputation, simply because he was disappointed and frustrated.

Just 3 questions :

1- Did David lose something ? No. Except a lot of time imagining he’s one of my countless “victims”, please if there are others come forward !

Yes the inability to buy the cover at the price YOU BOTH agreed on.

2- Did I receive a firm offer and confirm the deal to him ? No. Like dozens of other people who wanted that piece, he sent me a “what if” scenario, to test the water like so many do (and I have say YES to htis scenario. But when he sent me a firm offer, I never accepted it.

- Yes, I have told him that we had a deal,

YOU even stated YOU had a deal BETWEEN the two of you!

Am I sorry ? Yes. I’m sorry that someone has spent hours willing to destroy my reputation, simply because he was disappointed and frustrated.

You did that all on your own by being an individual_without_enough_empathy

I saved all of the emails so you can lie all you want but here's what transpired. Read from the bottom up. It went on from here where he came back to me at 21.5K and I insisted that he honor the deal at 20K and he decided not to.

On Nov 21, 2012, at 3:12 PM, Chris wrote:

I know, and I'm sorry... But 3k...

Sorry again.

Le 21 nov. 2012 à 21:08, DM a écrit :

Nevermind. Glad I got you more money.

I thought we had a deal no matter what based on if I offered you 20. Very honorable.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 21, 2012, at 3:06 PM, Christophe Gomez wrote:

I'm sorry but I told to the other guy that the piece was just sold at my asking price and he just offer 23k to close the deal right now.

I'm really sorry but I can't say no, except if you can do 23,5k (the other guy does not need 2 times payments).

I'm sorry, I had told you 20k but I had no idea that he could offer 23k and I'm sure you can understand I don't want to miss on 3k.

If you can't pay 23,5k, and really I will understand, you'll have to try to buy it from his next owner and I believe it wil be tough as he loves it as you or even more.

Sorry for the bad news but I still wanted to tell you before confirming the other guy as we've discussing it for weeks and because you were the first...

AND IF YOU SAY YES, I WILL NOT REPLY TO HIS EMAIL OR OFFER !!! I WILL END THIS "MAD AUCTION" RIGHT NOW !

Le 21 nov. 2012 à 19:55, David E. Miller a écrit :

fine lets do it

how do I pay you?

check?

I'm leaving shortly to travel home for Thanksgiving but if you want me to paypal you then I can do that right now

To: DM

Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:52 PM

Subject: Re: Email regarding your Gallery: WELCOME!

I send you the art tomorrow ! ;))

Le 21 nov. 2012 à 19:30, DM a écrit :

What if I would offer 20?

Sent from my iPhone