• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

If you wanna know what MGS is all about, play the first game and stay away from the rest. (thumbs u

Why? Even if you don't like Raiden, 3 and 4 are badarse games, especially 3. 3 is widely considered to be one of the best games on the PS2.

Disclaimer: I'm a rabid Metal Gear fanboy.

Edited by CaptainOfIndustry

No, but the first solid was one of the best videogames ever :cloud9: What a classic. Didn't enjoy 2 nearly as much. Haven't tried the entries after that.

All 4 games are :cloud9:

If I were to recommend one to you, I'd say play 3 because it's a prequel to the first game and it's insanely awesome.

#2 is sucky. :P

When I play A MGS game I want to be snake not some effeminate pretty boy who can't tell what's real or a vr simulation. doh!

And do naked cartwheels :eek:

Haters gonna hate. Without spoilers, that's one of the most memorable parts of any game I've ever played.

I really liked the Playstation 1 MGS game, if that's the one Dan means?

The trilogy pack on PS3 has been out ages in the UK, but it's still quite pricey for something which is basically just a HD upgrade of games from an earlier console.

The trilogy pack on PS3 has been out ages in the UK, but it's still quite pricey for something which is basically just a HD upgrade of games from an earlier console.

Yep

No, but the first solid was one of the best videogames ever :cloud9: What a classic. Didn't enjoy 2 nearly as much. Haven't tried the entries after that.

All 4 games are :cloud9:

If I were to recommend one to you, I'd say play 3 because it's a prequel to the first game and it's insanely awesome.

#2 is sucky. :P

When I play A MGS game I want to be snake not some effeminate pretty boy who can't tell what's real or a vr simulation. doh!

And do naked cartwheels :eek:

Haters gonna hate. Without spoilers, that's one of the most memorable parts of any game I've ever played.

lol

Is there a GPA equivalent for VGA graded games??

No but pricecharting.com does track sales of ebay games including new copies. It shows the auction title which usually includes the grade, so its a starting point. However it needs a lot of interpretation as it doesnt tell you what variant, and non vga sealeds picked up by its program might include reseals... Etc. Starting point but only a starting point

seems to be the way with all games i want over here, wanna get God of War pack but still expensive

seems to be the way with all games i want over here, wanna get God of War pack but still expensive

Yes, sadly that's another HD upgrade I'm waiting to pick up - at the right price. (shrug)

Talking of MGS, anyone here like Splinter Cell? I thought the first 3 games were excellent.

I think I finally have my Skyrim for the PS3 to stop freezing up.

Did you download the most up-to-date patch?

Opened up X-Com: Enemy Unknown the other night around 8 pm and the next time I looked up it was 3 am.

Killer game, nice to see a quality strategy title on a console system. I never played the original, but might have to go back. So good!

Opened up X-Com: Enemy Unknown the other night around 8 pm and the next time I looked up it was 3 am.

Killer game, nice to see a quality strategy title on a console system. I never played the original, but might have to go back. So good!

Everyone I know who has played that game raves about it. Strategy isn't my favorite genre, but I may have to check it out at some point.

anyone looking forward to GTA 5?

Yeah, but it got delayed to September 17th, so I'm trying not to think about it right now.

If anyone here is a fan of survival horror, check this out. It's by the studio that made the Uncharted series:

Graphics do cost money, but they also drive the industry (whether they should or not). The developers that made money this generation made A LOT of money, and it's in their best interests to push graphical fidelity as far as the tech allows. Developers who are struggling to hang on may cry foul, but they are not driving the industry.

What rising development costs likely mean is fewer developers, fewer new IPs, and more indie games. The financial heavyweights will continue to push graphics.

Of course, and as long as you don't mind playing CoD games all day then it's great. Just don't expect anything new or innovative as the next-gen platforms don't make economic sense for anything but sequels or spin-offs.

I did the exact same thing with Farcry 3 yesterday, it was 8pm when I started and I look at my phone a bit later and it's 1am.

Everyone I know who has played that game raves about it. Strategy isn't my favorite genre, but I may have to check it out at some point.

It's a nice break from shooters, and a great throwback to the pre-MMO Warcrafts, Age of Empires, Castles 2 type games (though not exactly the same as any of those).

Also glad to see some turn based combat and top-down views. Why does everything have to be first person these days?