• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

I just watched it; it's on YouTube. I was pleasantly surprised, it was a good segment overall, the bellyaching I've been reading is way over the top for what the segment actually was. Only legit complaint is that it's totally staged, but then that is no surprise.

I saw it and it seemed totally fine to me. Given that we all know who he is, it was obvious he wasn't going to sell the games, but like you said all that krap is staged anyway. Not shocking.

I don't know the self-promotion angle, but nobody who sees that show is going to know who he is if they didn't already. It's not like he dropped a link to his youtube account or anything.

Just watched it. All Pat did was explain what they were and name a price. Not sure what there was to criticize.

DS3 is 30 times better, Aliens feels rushed even though put back so many times, the actual Aliens AI is the worst I have known, just want to do campaign and send it back
I've almost got Dead Space Platinum.

I plan on getting Dead Space 2 & 3 soon.

Is Bayonetta for PS3 any good?

Bayonetta is the best action game this gen, better than God of War, better than Ninja Gaiden 2.

I heard the plat for Dead Space 2 is insanely hard, but the game rocks, as does 3 which I'm playing now.

Hmm.... hm

Bayonetta is $19.99 on PSN.

I may download it :)

I'm killing 2 birds with 1 stone by beating Dead Space on Impossible mode with only a Plasma Cutter :insane:

Best of luck doing hard with only the one gun. I have done both and doing the one gun on hard is really hard.

I'm looking forward to Aliens: Colonial Marines. Been waiting for that game for a few years now :cloud9:
:whee:

Hey, did you play the semi recent Aliens Vs Predator game? It looked cool, but for whatever reason I never picked it up. If you played it I'd be interested in your thoughts on it.

No (wish I did though)

The last one was not that great. I hope the newer one is great...but there was huge hype leading up to the last game....like there is with this game. Was a pretty big let down that the game was not great last time. :wishluck:

And after hearing some people talk about the new aliens game...ALL HYPE. I figured that. Same thing happened with the last game.

I'm looking forward to Aliens: Colonial Marines. Been waiting for that game for a few years now :cloud9:
:whee:

Hey, did you play the semi recent Aliens Vs Predator game? It looked cool, but for whatever reason I never picked it up. If you played it I'd be interested in your thoughts on it.

No (wish I did though)

The last one was not that great. I hope the newer one is great...but there was huge hype leading up to the last game....like there is with this game. Was a pretty big let down that the game was not great last time. :wishluck:

And after hearing some people talk about the new aliens game...ALL HYPE. I figured that. Same thing happened with the last game.

Which is a shame as I was waiting on Colonial Marines to be awesome!

Aliens Vs Predator on the Atari Jaguar was not bad for its time.

DS3 is 30 times better, Aliens feels rushed even though put back so many times, the actual Aliens AI is the worst I have known, just want to do campaign and send it back

Bayonetta is the best action game this gen, better than God of War, better than Ninja Gaiden 2.

I heard the plat for Dead Space 2 is insanely hard, but the game rocks, as does 3 which I'm playing now.

Hmm.... hm

Bayonetta is $19.99 on PSN.

I may download it :)

I'm killing 2 birds with 1 stone by beating Dead Space on Impossible mode with only a Plasma Cutter :insane:

Best of luck doing hard with only the one gun. I have done both and doing the one gun on hard is really hard.

:)

If this article is true, it looks like EA might possibly kill the Dead Space franchise if DS3 doesn't sell 5 million copies (it won't). :(

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/15/dead-space-needs-around-five-million-fans-to-survive-according-to-ea/

This is why I think it's important to support franchises you're a fan of by ponying up the $60 when it first hits shelves. It would be nice if publishers tempered their projections and stopped trying to force Call of Duty-like sales numbers, but that's not gonna happen.

It's a fantastic series of games. I'm hoping this isn't the end. :(

If this article is true, it looks like EA might possibly kill the Dead Space franchise if DS3 doesn't sell 5 million copies (it won't). :(

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/15/dead-space-needs-around-five-million-fans-to-survive-according-to-ea/

This is why I think it's important to support franchises you're a fan of by ponying up the $60 when it first hits shelves. It would be nice if publishers tempered their projections and stopped trying to force Call of Duty-like sales numbers, but that's not gonna happen.

wow, I am surprised at that! If a title like that can't survive, you wonder what chance lesser franchises have.

Is Bayonetta for PS3 any good? I'm killing 2 birds with 1 stone by beating Dead Space on Impossible mode
If you can beat impossible mode plus non stop climax mode on bayonetta you may be as awesome as someone else I know :cool: Edited by Hado

The gameplay in Bayonetta is really good (not as good as God of War, IMO). The story, though, is kinda.....out there. It was enjoyable. I got the Platinum trophy for it.

Also I would recommend Vanquish (made by the same people who made Bayonetta- Platinum Games). It's a short, but very fun game.

here's a fun little history lesson I posted on another site :insane:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=96130

Skykid is an awesome game, loved it as a kid. :cloud9:

I don't care that he may have been a little light in the loafers. :sumo:

Nothing wrong with that, I'm just peeling back the layers on the onion! :insane:

here's a fun little history lesson I posted on another site :insane:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=96130

Skykid is an awesome game, loved it as a kid. :cloud9:

I don't care that he may have been a little light in the loafers. :sumo:

Nothing wrong with that, I'm just peeling back the layers on the onion! :insane:

I always thought that scarf was a little too saucy for a straight man.

wow, I am surprised at that! If a title like that can't survive, you wonder what chance lesser franchises have.

The Dead Space games sell well, and a lot of franchises survive on much less. I'm guessing this is some sort of mismanagement on EA's end; most likely an inflated budget.