• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Which one should I buy,Dead Space 3 or Metal Gear Rising?

I bought both, finished Dead Space 3 and am playing MGR now. Both games have a lot of replay value, but for one playthought, Dead Space 3 is longer. MGR is just crazy awesome though.

I'd say get Dead Space. By the time you finish with it and DmC, MGR might be a little cheaper.

Hmm.... hm

I think I'll download Dead Space 3 first

I'm guessing they'll be at least 500gb to start off, although next gen games are probably going to take a lot of space.

You prefer downloading to buying discs?

I'm guessing they'll be at least 500gb to start off, although next gen games are probably going to take a lot of space.

I mainly buy discs.

But I don't have a lot of cash on me (damn you CGC SS program :insane: )

So,when I have money in my PP account,I would transfer money from PP to my PSN account.

I mainly buy discs.

So,when I have money in my PP account,I would transfer money from PP to my PSN account.

you can get ps+

I mainly buy discs.

you can get ps+
I thought about that hm

It'll have a Blu ray drive though right? No backwards compatibility from everything I've heard :(
I think it should have Blu-Ray drive.

They're making all PS1 to PS3 games steamed (So no need for backwards compatibillty)

............Oh now I know what you mean by no backward compatibillty.

I can't play PS3 game discs on a PS4 doh!

I got this from IGN:

Sony has confirmed that the PlayStation 4 will be powered by a custom 8-core AMD "Jaguar" x86-64 with integrated graphics APU and "next-generation" AMD Radeon graphics processor capable of driving 1.84 teraflops. As detailed at the event, it will come paired with 8GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory, making it competitive with most gaming-focused PCs on the market. As expected, the system will ship with a Blu-ray drive, built-in 80.211 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, as well as HDMI, Analog-AV, and optical digital output. Sony is giving I/O options a boost with the inclusion of USB 3.0 ports and a mysteriously vague "AUX" port. Each system will ship a "Mono Headset" for cross-game chat and other social features.

So it will have a Blu-ray drive.

Here's more:

What's more, we've gained new insight into the DualShock 4. As we know, the controller sports an integrated touch pad, headset jack, share button, and LED player identifier, but we've now learned that the touch pad features a mechanical button and supports "capacitive type." In addition to the obvious size and ergonomic changes, the DualShock 4 is expectedly gaining a bit of weight, going from 6.77 ounces on the DualShock 3 to 7.4 ounces on the DualShock 4. In addition to helping track a player for motion-based controls, the built-in LED can also be used to represent in-game elements, like a player's overall health

You could also buy discs via paypal. Lots of good deals on ebay.

8GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory

This was the big surprise, from what I'm gathering on forums. People who know this tech stuff were speculating 2GB - 4GB, and most people thought 4GB would be a stretch. The fact that it's 8 surprised a lot of people; that's 16x the memory of the PS3.

Now the question is, how much is this beast gonna cost?

This was the big surprise, from what I'm gathering on forums. People who know this tech stuff were speculating 2GB - 4GB, and most people thought 4GB would be a stretch. The fact that it's 8 surprised a lot of people; that's 16x the memory of the PS3.

Hopefully not $599 :ohnoez:

Also,how much is 8GB?(in English please,not all of us speak geek :baiting: )

I'd say $599, in line with the top model PS3, when it was released. blu-ray is standard now for the big two, next gen consoles. Xbox will use it as well, since DVD's are inadequate for the games being produced, unless you like 5 discs lol

Sony has finally started making profits, after their TV's took hits in sales and the PS3 sucking up revenue. It would be in their best interest to have a 450-499 sell price, but there's a ton of money to be loss on the initial product run, till the components become cheaper to manufacture.

With everything I've seen, and the fact that the system is suppose to be more developer friendly, I think they'll do fine out the gate 2c

Edited by Bass4punk

I'd say $599, in line with the top model PS3, when it was released. blu-ray is standard now for the big two, next gen consoles. Xbox will use it as well, since DVD's are inadequate for the games being produced, unless you like 5 discs lol

Sony has finally started making profits, after their TV's took hits in sales and the PS3 sucking up revenue. It would be in their best interest to have a 450-499 sell price, but there's a ton of money to be loss on the initial product run, till the components become cheaper to manufacture.

With everything I've seen, and the fact that the system is suppose to be more developer friendly, I think they'll do fine out the gate 2c

I would be happy with $499 as a launch price.

Hopefully not $599 :ohnoez:

Also,how much is 8GB?(in English please,not all of us speak geek :baiting: )

I really don't know. What I do know is that it's 16x more powerful than the PS3, and tech geeks are going bananas right now. No one saw this coming. Apparently this is some sort of game-changer, and Microsoft is screwed.

Here's a tech-geek reaction thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514465