• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

hm I am now back at leaning towards the X-Box One...

Now that the DRM issue has been scrapped... I buy mostly used games.

I've been wondering since that was scrapped what might have been with regards to downloadable games on the Xbox One. I can imagine that's what MS was hoping to ultimately transition to.

Steam always has great sales. I'm hoping Sony and Microsoft follow suit.

I've been wondering since that was scrapped what might have been with regards to downloadable games on the Xbox One. I can imagine that's what MS was hoping to ultimately transition to.

Steam always has great sales. I'm hoping Sony and Microsoft follow suit.

Good thing they did. I was leaning towards the PS4

When the Xbox One comes out, an internet connection will be required to remove the DRM and "Online Only" restrictions built into the software. So just a word of warning that Microsoft may find a way down the road to justify turning these features back on, and it's just a matter of including a patch with a game.

It's something to consider. I'm taking a "wait and see" position with this console. And considering how neither console is backwards compatible, brand loyalty is silly.

When the Xbox One comes out, an internet connection will be required to remove the DRM and "Online Only" restrictions built into the software. So just a word of warning that Microsoft may find a way down the road to justify turning these features back on, and it's just a matter of including a patch with a game.

It's something to consider. I'm taking a "wait and see" position with this console. And considering how neither console is backwards compatible, brand loyalty is silly.

I already considered that as they have already done that with some games now. I believe that homefront was the first where you were not allowed to go past Level 5 in online mode unless you had an individual code.

Brand loyalty is not essential to me, but I enjoy playing with my cousins and a couple of friends that own the system. So much of this relies on what we all decide to do as a group.

Either way, I will only pick up one of the two and go from there. On top of that I usually wait a few months to see what is going on before I make a decision.

There is of course the idea that I may not get anything. I have had the same X-Box 360 console since 2005. The 4gb machine is starting fall behind in the race but it gets the job done...

Edited by Buzzetta

I just wouldn't put it past them to pull a bait and switch. They completely disregarded their consumer base, and I'm fairly sure that the only reason they suddenly turned was the pre-order numbers after E3. They don't want Sony getting that lead.

I just wouldn't put it past them to pull a bait and switch. They completely disregarded their consumer base, and I'm fairly sure that the only reason they suddenly turned was the pre-order numbers after E3. They don't want Sony getting that lead.
If they hadn't have changed their mind, the Xbox One would have been Microsoft's last foray in consoles. I don't remember if it was them or HP that had a major tablet flop, but if it was them then a flop with the Xbox could settle them firmly back into software and nothing more, and even Windows is losing market share, isn't it? That would have been bad for them all around.

If they hadn't have changed their mind, the Xbox One would have been Microsoft's last foray in consoles. I don't remember if it was them or HP that had a major tablet flop, but if it was them then a flop with the Xbox could settle them firmly back into software and nothing more, and even Windows is losing market share, isn't it? That would have been bad for them all around.

It was HP

I dont think they can pull a switch now and go back to their original Plan...

If they do they are setting themselves up for major lawsuits

What they can do is make awesome games that follow this original game plan. Want to play Halo 5? Oh, that requires checking in online. Excited for the new Gears of War? Install your copy to the hard drive, and get a free weapons pack and bonus levels.

And so on...

just finished the game and that was a hard ending, or am i just bad?

It was a bit of a hard ending. Took me several tries. I tried a few times yesterday and got a bit frustrated so I waited until today to give it another shot. Still took me about four tries, though.

Still a great game.

What they can do is make awesome games that follow this original game plan. Want to play Halo 5? Oh, that requires checking in online. Excited for the new Gears of War? Install your copy to the hard drive, and get a free weapons pack and bonus levels.

And so on...

Despite Microsoft's back pedaling, I'm still leaning heavily toward the PS4.

And so on...

Thats a publisher thing...

If microsoft implements it at the console level thats different.

If they hadn't have changed their mind, the Xbox One would have been Microsoft's last foray in consoles.

It is my opinion there will be no more consoles after this gen.

If they hadn't have changed their mind, the Xbox One would have been Microsoft's last foray in consoles.

(thumbs u

Consoles are a huge chunk of Microsoft and Sony, they aren't going away until people quit buying them. We might see the end of the monthly comic before we see the end of the home console.

They have only been saying that for 25 years or so...
Really?

I remember them saying that back when the PS2 launched, but 25 years ago? hm

Almost 30 years ago, as Atari was going down in flames, everybody thought that was it for the home video game consoles. Then the NES arrived, the rest is history.