• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

My copy of GTA doesn't arrive for a week. What was the advantage of preordering 7 months in advance/

I preordered through Amazon and chose release day delivery and got it today. How/where did you order?

lol Pretty sure I chose super saver shipping, but I haven't even gotten an e-mail saying mine's been shipped.

Hey guys.

I have never been a gamer so bear with me. If I were to buy the PS4 ( my kids have a Wii ), would there be any games for a 5 yr old ? My eldest ( 12 yrs ) most likely would have much selection to choose from but my concern is the little one.

Would the PS4 be the best choice ?

Thanks for your help.

Just keep the wii also?

Not sure how many games will be on the PSN (smaller/downloadable games from playstation network) at launch. And this was the first launch list i googled

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Launch_Titles

Just remember games from the ps3 PSN won't carry over (irrelavant to you, but others might not know)

Just remember games from the ps3 PSN won't carry over (irrelavant to you, but others might not know)

I wonder if they'll have an aftermarket adapter for this.

I find this is so dumb. One of the things that kept me as a PS player

is the fact that I can play a PS1, 2 and 3 all on the same system.

for PIP: I'd say get an early PS3 that converts down and go hog wild.

There are thousands of games for PS1, 2 and 3 to play and you can get them

very cheap now.

Just last night my boy played Scooby Doo night of 100 frights (PS2)

and once I put him to bed I plugged in the new GTA V.

I wonder if they'll have an aftermarket adapter for this.

The plan is that, eventually, you can stream pretty much any (playstation) game through your PS4.

But that is sometime far into 2014 as far as i know.

And to clarify: it's just the games that don't carry over, as i understand it, if you currently subscribe to PS PLUS that subscription will carry over, and there will still be "free" games every month.

EDIT

The PlayStation 4's cloud-based streaming features will be coming to the new console in early 2014, Sony revealed during the company's E3 press conference.

Sadly missing the console's "Holiday 2013" launch window, game streaming will be provided by Gaikai, giving access to plenty of "critically acclaimed" PS3 and PS4 games. It's a particularly important service, seeing as the PlayStation 4 won't be backwards compatible with PS3 discs.

Vita games will also be available for streaming, though that feature too is expected to land a little further down the line again.

It is not yet clear whether the streaming launch in early 2014 will be global, or just for select territories.

Edited by Thomas Nielsen

With that said - has anyone played "Scooby Doo night of 100 frights (PS2)"

it's a cool game for fans of the early 60's show. The video graphics are a little blocky

(even for PS2) but that didn't stop me from enjoying it.

This is a side to side scroller which is great for kids to get introduced to video games.

The skill level is oddly enough multi-level. The beginning and most of the game is easy enough for a toddler to play it (skill level 2 out of 10), but there are odd places in this game where the programers kicked it up a notch (skill level 8 out of 10) but those places are deep into the game.

I was really amazed at how deep this game is and almost every old school SB villain is in this game.

I'd give this game about a solid 7 out of 10 and is a lot of fun for a scroller.

Hey guys.

I have never been a gamer so bear with me. If I were to buy the PS4 ( my kids have a Wii ), would there be any games for a 5 yr old ? My eldest ( 12 yrs ) most likely would have much selection to choose from but my concern is the little one.

Thanks for your help.

The list of games for the PS4 is pretty small right now, especially for young children. Usually takes a while, at least one year, until the developers build a nice list of games. The PlayStation and XBox consoles are really for teen and adult gamers.

I barely see any five year old kids games on this list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

Hey guys.

Thanks for your help.

Peter, if it's just for your kids, the new consoles may not be the best way to go. Content will be sparse for the first year or so. A better choice would be upgrading to a Wii-U, then maybe jumping to PS4 later when there's a bigger selection. By then your kids will be a little older as well.

GTA V tops $800 million in sales first 24 hours. That means 13 million units were sold in 24 hours.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/grand-theft-auto-v-tops-800-million-first-day-4B11187483

I got a few hours in, and I freaking love it. It's the best GTA game by far (I've played all of them); it has more of the good and none of the bad that usually comes with this series.