• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Ooh. While I'm here.

Has anyone done any gaming on the 2013 Macbook Air? I'm hearing really good things - but wanted to hear from a trusted mob.

There's a base model and a max model, the max has stats more on par with what's expected to run a game these days. Here's a thread about it on a Mac site.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1594690

If you already have the laptop go to systemrequirementslab.com to see what it can run, if you don't have it yet and are thinking of picking it up strictly for gaming, you could spend the money better elsewhere. If you need it for other uses and just want to play some games on it, looks like it can run some decent games according to the thread linked above.

After having played with GTA V for a day I can't see a huge difference in actual gameplay. The driving is fun, the third person parts are excruciating. To the point that I'd rather attempt to drive a car up a flight of stairs, and the combat is bad enough that I avoid it whenever I'm not on a mission. But since it's as good as previous GTA games I expect I'll have fun and eventually finish it. I haven't played a single mission since they allowed the exploring to start. I'm trying to see the entire map before I get into it. I imagine that's going to take several days. I must have died 100 times today.

After having played with GTA V for a day I can't see a huge difference in actual gameplay. The driving is fun, the third person parts are excruciating. To the point that I'd rather attempt to drive a car up a flight of stairs, and the combat is bad enough that I avoid it whenever I'm not on a mission. But since it's as good as previous GTA games I expect I'll have fun and eventually finish it. I haven't played a single mission since they allowed the exploring to start. I'm trying to see the entire map before I get into it. I imagine that's going to take several days. I must have died 100 times today.

You don't make it sound like a good game...

Batman Arkham City GOTY edition is $19.99, the price of the Harley DLC is worth that alone. Re-playing and I'm determined to find every Riddler trophy, hostage, clue.

See you next year then. There are a butt load of trophies alone!! Good luck brother!

I found all of them. It did take a long time.

If you've enjoyed the previous ones you'll enjoy this one, just a warning that the same quirks seem to exist as well. San Andreas is probably my favorite game ever so it's not a huge deal to me as long as I get into it. I still haven't played a mission. Just driving a taxi and spending money at this point, and making sure the coolest car in the game is in my garage.

I haven't played a splinter cell game since pandora tomorrow on the original xbox, but when I heard they changed the voice actor I wasn't too interested in getting back into the series. Is it still a stealth game or full out action?
Chaos Theory was far better than 'PT' Lots of cool gadgets in 'CT'.

Ya, not to thrilled about them dropping Michael Ironside as the lead voice actor, I'm guessing there where contractual issues.

I haven't played a splinter cell game since pandora tomorrow on the original xbox, but when I heard they changed the voice actor I wasn't too interested in getting back into the series. Is it still a stealth game or full out action?

Ya, not to thrilled about them dropping Michael Ironside as the lead voice actor, I'm guessing there where contractual issues.

I really enjoyed the newest one. You can through most of the missions full stealth or guns blazing. I thought it was worth the 60 bucks. (thumbs u

If you've enjoyed the previous ones you'll enjoy this one, just a warning that the same quirks seem to exist as well. San Andreas is probably my favorite game ever so it's not a huge deal to me as long as I get into it. I still haven't played a mission. Just driving a taxi and spending money at this point, and making sure the coolest car in the game is in my garage.

The driving is a vast improvement over IV which I thought was terrible. So far enjoying it. I wish they would leave in things from previous games.

Is their a chop shop to sell stolen vehicles to? I can't find one yet and that was always easiest way to make money.

It's actually pretty good game from what I've heard.

Haven't played a mission? That's why you don't see a difference. The missions in this installment are incredible and a vast improvement over previous entries. They are varied and some of the bigger ones like the heists are really exciting.

I've probably purchased 300 retail games for the PS3 and 360 and I would say GTA V is in the top 5 games this generation. And this is coming from someone who thinks GTA IV was incredibly overrated.

I've just started playing Oblivion, I also have Skyrim, and so it could be quite a while before I get the new GTA, as much as I like the series. Three very, very big, time-consuming games.