• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

The tennis playing isn't a complete wreck. I can win a game. I'm slow with missions, really slow. I try to do all the side stuff so I'm focusing on freaks and strangers and filling my garages with the best cars possible.

Me too, I like to take my time.

The tennis is pretty cool. COnsidering its just a minigame within a game!

Pretty good so far. Trevor I found a bit much at the start with the gruesome intro and whatnot, but with that out of the way, growing on me somewhat. I prefer the other two characters so far although combat with Trevor is fun.

One week until the new generation starts. I'm pretty excited, despite a somewhat lack-luster launch catalog on both sides. I love getting new tech.

I'm getting the PS4 on launch day with Killzone Shadow Fall, purely because I want to check out the visuals. It appears to be the best looking launch title on either side. I'll also get Assassin's Creed 4 after I'm done with KZ. The delay of Watch Dogs and Drive Club really hurt Sony's launch I think.

I'm sure I will eventually get an Xbone, but not for $500 and not at launch. I'm hoping they eventually decide not to force the Kinect down everyone's throat, thereby making a cheaper entry point. To their credit, the Xbone launch line-up is a little more interesting.

Any other early adopters?

One week until the new generation starts. I'm pretty excited, despite a somewhat lack-luster launch catalog on both sides. I love getting new tech.

I'm getting the PS4 on launch day with Killzone Shadow Fall, purely because I want to check out the visuals. It appears to be the best looking launch title on either side. I'll also get Assassin's Creed 4 after I'm done with KZ. The delay of Watch Dogs and Drive Club really hurt Sony's launch I think.

I'm sure I will eventually get an Xbone, but not for $500 and not at launch. I'm hoping they eventually decide not to force the Kinect down everyone's throat, thereby making a cheaper entry point. To their credit, the Xbone launch line-up is a little more interesting.

Any other early adopters?

If by early you mean four years from now hm

Thats about when I'll pick one up. Heck it seems like yesterday I bought a ps3 / wii ! :insane:

Is the Call of Duty series any good?

And I liked the splinter cell series so is Ghost Recon worth picking up?

They get really repetitive and you deal with a lot of immature nonsense when you play multiplayer.

Having said that, if you like first person shooters, they are pretty solid games. I really enjoyed Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare when it came out. I then enjoyed Modern Warfare 2 when it came out. The story mode in both was also fun, but you really buy it for the multiplayer.

If you've never played one, it is worth giving it a shot at least. Of course if you hate FPS then forget about it.

Is the Call of Duty series any good?

And I liked the splinter cell series so is Ghost Recon worth picking up?

They get really repetitive and you deal with a lot of immature nonsense when you play multiplayer.

Having said that, if you like first person shooters, they are pretty solid games. I really enjoyed Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare when it came out. I then enjoyed Modern Warfare 2 when it came out. The story mode in both was also fun, but you really buy it for the multiplayer.

If you've never played one, it is worth giving it a shot at least. Of course if you hate FPS then forget about it.

Battlefield is a thinking man's FPS,CoD is more of a run & gun FPS.

I haven't had any problems with immature gamers while play CoD:Ghosts MP.

But then again I play it on the PS3.