• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Anyone else disappointed in how few PS2 games are available for download in the PSN?

The main reason I bought A PS3 was because I thought They would have a great library of PS2 games for download. :facepalm:

There are several PS2 titles I've been watching for. Soul Reaver 2, Legacy of Kain: Defiance... I'm curious if the titles, both PS1 and 2, that you've purchased/downloaded on the PS3 transfer to the PS4.That's kind of a deal breaker for me if I either can't access or have to pay again for games I've already paid for.

Same here. I'd hate to have to purchase everything twice.

The games I'm waiting for VIA PSN PS2 download are the Armored Core 2, Timespliters and Dark Cloud Series of games. As well as Maximo vs. the army of zin.

Found this:

"The first reviews of Sony's PlayStation4 are largely encouraging — although many cite a lack of killer app launch titles. But gamers hoping to use their existing game library to supplement their experience on the new hardware will be disappointed: The PS4 isn't back compatible with PlayStation3 games, nor will digital purchases made for the PS3 be available on PS4 consoles at launch. Sony's cloud gaming service Gaikai will allow gamers to stream PS3 titles from the cloud next year, but there's no word yet on how many games will be available or if users will get automatic or discounted access to games they've already purchased.

A Sony spokesperson did confirm that "some popular previously released digital titles" will be available to purchase on the PS4, and gamers who previously purchased them on the PS3 will be able to download the PS4 versions at no additional costs — and that gamers could "digitally upgrade" certain PS3 titles to their PS4 versions for a limited time with a $9.99 digital upgrade feed."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/11/15/playstation-4-cant-play-old-games-but-backward-compatibility-was-just-a-fad/

Still gotta wait 12 days for the system to come out over here.

Meanwhile I'm playing Lego Marvel and surprised how good it is.

Yeah,I really like LEGO Marvel :applause:

I thought the game was made for young children but some of the puzzles baffles me.

You have to get Uncharted games, along with Infamous are the best on systems plus they announced Uncharted 4 on Thursday

Edited by Arsenalherd

Anyone else disappointed in how few PS2 games are available for download in the PSN?

The main reason I bought A PS3 was because I thought They would have a great library of PS2 games for download. :facepalm:

There are several PS2 titles I've been watching for. Soul Reaver 2, Legacy of Kain: Defiance... I'm curious if the titles, both PS1 and 2, that you've purchased/downloaded on the PS3 transfer to the PS4.That's kind of a deal breaker for me if I either can't access or have to pay again for games I've already paid for.

Same here. I'd hate to have to purchase everything twice.

The games I'm waiting for VIA PSN PS2 download are the Armored Core 2, Timespliters and Dark Cloud Series of games. As well as Maximo vs. the army of zin.

Found this:

"The first reviews of Sony's PlayStation4 are largely encouraging — although many cite a lack of killer app launch titles. But gamers hoping to use their existing game library to supplement their experience on the new hardware will be disappointed: The PS4 isn't back compatible with PlayStation3 games, nor will digital purchases made for the PS3 be available on PS4 consoles at launch. Sony's cloud gaming service Gaikai will allow gamers to stream PS3 titles from the cloud next year, but there's no word yet on how many games will be available or if users will get automatic or discounted access to games they've already purchased.

A Sony spokesperson did confirm that "some popular previously released digital titles" will be available to purchase on the PS4, and gamers who previously purchased them on the PS3 will be able to download the PS4 versions at no additional costs — and that gamers could "digitally upgrade" certain PS3 titles to their PS4 versions for a limited time with a $9.99 digital upgrade feed."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/11/15/playstation-4-cant-play-old-games-but-backward-compatibility-was-just-a-fad/

That's actually encouraging. I always wait about 6 months when a new console comes out, seems by that time most of the bugs are worked out (from a small veiwpoint).

There really aren't many games I am interested in with the new PS4, but hopefully some new titles will surface that will make this a worthwhile purchase.

I thought the game was made for young children but some of the puzzles baffles me.

You have to get Uncharted games, along with Infamous are the best on systems plus they announced Uncharted 4 on Thursday

I have both Infamous games on my HDD :)

I have both Infamous games on my HDD :)

cant wait for second son, shame its now 21st March

I'm still on GTA, just started playing again last night. Passed a couple missions I was having trouble with and now I'm stuck again. I'll figure it out. It's the "kill 25 rednecks in two minutes" mission. I got as high as 22, and as low as 8. I have the best luck ramming people with the car, but it seems like tossing grenades at the same time helps. I'm terrible with grenades though.

Interesting article.

The 5 Best Selling Video Game Consoles of All Time.

1. Sony PlayStation 2

Released: 2000

Global sales: 155 million

2. Sony PlayStation

Released: 1994

Global sales: 102.49 million

3. Nintendo Wii

Released: 2006

Global sales: 100.3 million

4. Sony PlayStation 3

Global sales: 80.4 million

5. Microsoft Xbox 360

Released: 2006 (was actually 2005)

Global sales: 80 million

Wish I still had my old PS2, the game selection for it was fantastic and unmatched (in my mind) to this day. :cloud9:

Yeah...the article talks about how worldwide sales for the PS2 didn't even end until this year. And how, even after that happened, some developers were still making versions of new games for it.

I was putting off buying a PS3 years ago. But when I heard that they were going to stop making the PS3 compatible with PS2 games, I immediately went out and bought one of the backwards compatible versions. It's only got the software emulation in it (not the actual PS2 hardware inside it) but it still plays most of the available PS2 games.

Interesting article.

The 5 Best Selling Video Game Consoles of All Time.

1. Sony PlayStation 2

Released: 2000

Global sales: 155 million

2. Sony PlayStation

Released: 1994

Global sales: 102.49 million

3. Nintendo Wii

Global sales: 100.3 million

4. Sony PlayStation 3

Global sales: 80.4 million

5. Microsoft Xbox 360

Released: 2006 (was actually 2005)

Global sales: 80 million

Of course, I am on my second PS2 and second PS3, which really helps the sales numbers. None of my other consoles died out, starting from Atari 2600.