• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

I picked up both the PS4 and Xbox One. The PS4 as a system is greatly improved over the ps3. The controller alone is amazing. I picked up Knack, Killzone, AC 4, and Lego Marvel. Knack is fun and is your typical action/adventure game from 15 years ago with awesome graphics that give a pixar feel. AC4 and Killzone have been amazing so far, but I haven't really out more than a few hours into them.

For xbox i picked up BF4, COD Ghost, and dead rising 3. Also killer instinct is included but feels unfinished. However it is free. Dead rising alone was the main reason I bought the xbox. With the xbox I cant stand the dashboard. That's probably because I can't stand windows 8 and this uses the same tile system. Installing a game takes about 10-15 mins. Some games you can play mid install but they're limited. With the ps4 I can start playing roughly 15 seconds into an install with some functionality limited too such as mutiplayer.

I play the xbox significantly more, but that is mainly because everyone on my gaming friend list has an xbox versus a dozen or so on PSN. Also i am extremely addicted to achievements over trophies (apprx 140k). I prefer FPS on xbox because of the offset sticks. Right now I prefer the xbox launch games over the PS4. However as a system I prefer the PS4 over the xbox.

I'm shocked at how much I like the redesign of the PS controller.

Thanks for the side by side comparason of the two systems (thumbs u

Does the XBOX still have an external power brick?

Quick question...

I must admit that I was tempted to take the NES system currently in the mixed threads. However, I am looking for a cheap way to play the games in some reliable sense of the word.

What is the best way to relive the NES?

I was looking at a couple of emulators on Amazon but I did not like the reviews that I saw.

Anyone have some words of wisdom?

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-Retron-System-GENESIS-Nintendo-Entertainment/dp/B003O3EFY2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385956654&sr=8-1&keywords=retron+3

I have one of those I don't use anymore. hm

Only 2 hrs left in this kickstarter, but it looks like a really nice project. 300 page book on sega genesis that is being commissioned by sega itself and therefore will have full access to sega's archive of preproduction materials.

So, are there no more "memory cards" in new games? Are all saved games stored on "the cloud" (i.e., the internet) ? I was just talking to a friend of mine on another MB and he says his "Walking Dead game progress is gone. The save games are still there, but the game doesn't show it and I can't do any hotfixes, because all files are stored in a cloud and refreshed when I start the game."

That seems... not great. All the talk about always backing up your files, wouldn't a hard-core gamer want a hard-copy of all their saves?

IDK what I am talking about here, remember. The last time i booted up my PS2 (my only game console) I was playing PS1 games on it.

:grin:

-slym

Edited by slym2none

I picked up both the PS4 and Xbox One. The PS4 as a system is greatly improved over the ps3. The controller alone is amazing. I picked up Knack, Killzone, AC 4, and Lego Marvel. Knack is fun and is your typical action/adventure game from 15 years ago with awesome graphics that give a pixar feel. AC4 and Killzone have been amazing so far, but I haven't really out more than a few hours into them.

For xbox i picked up BF4, COD Ghost, and dead rising 3. Also killer instinct is included but feels unfinished. However it is free. Dead rising alone was the main reason I bought the xbox. With the xbox I cant stand the dashboard. That's probably because I can't stand windows 8 and this uses the same tile system. Installing a game takes about 10-15 mins. Some games you can play mid install but they're limited. With the ps4 I can start playing roughly 15 seconds into an install with some functionality limited too such as mutiplayer.

I play the xbox significantly more, but that is mainly because everyone on my gaming friend list has an xbox versus a dozen or so on PSN. Also i am extremely addicted to achievements over trophies (apprx 140k). I prefer FPS on xbox because of the offset sticks. Right now I prefer the xbox launch games over the PS4. However as a system I prefer the PS4 over the xbox.

I hope you enjoy Ghosts! I spent the last 2+ years animating on it. At the very least there are some really beautiful scenes on Xbox One. Mine came with a Free copy of Forza and Ryse which I am looking forward to playing on Christmas (after my son opens up his Xbox One).

Quick question...

I must admit that I was tempted to take the NES system currently in the mixed threads. However, I am looking for a cheap way to play the games in some reliable sense of the word.

I was looking at a couple of emulators on Amazon but I did not like the reviews that I saw.

Download a rom pack and NES emulator for your computer online

Download Hyperspin if you want it to look fancy

Grab an original NES controller off ebay

Grab a NES to USB adapter

Have fun!

Quick question...

Have fun!

Get a Hyperkin Retron 5

The ultimate system for an old-school gamer

5 cartridge slots: NES, SNES, Genesis, Famicom, Game Boy Advance

It's called the RetroN 5 because it has 5 cartridge slots: one each for NES, SNES, Genesis, Famicom, and Game Boy Advance cartridges. You can play your original cartridges for any of these systems. You can also plug in Super Famicom, Mega Drive, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy cartridges as we

Quick question...

Have fun!

Get a Hyperkin Retron 5

It's called the RetroN 5 because it has 5 cartridge slots: one each for NES, SNES, Genesis, Famicom, and Game Boy Advance cartridges. You can play your original cartridges for any of these systems. You can also plug in Super Famicom, Mega Drive, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy cartridges as we

This. From what I've seen, it's pretty damn amazing. I plan on getting one soon.

Quick question...

Have fun!

Get a Hyperkin Retron 5

This. From what I've seen, it's pretty damn amazing. I plan on getting one soon.

Was supposed to be release last week . Delayed to 2014 now

Quick question...

Have fun!

Get a Hyperkin Retron 5

That sounds very cool, but I'm always slow to trust 3rd party systems. It even looks like they are having a lot trouble with the system and it hasn't been released yet because of it…

Does anyone have the PS Vita?

And if so, what are your thoughts? Which games do you recommend? And lastly, how big a memory card of you recommend?

I am likely going to buy one but the memory card fiasco is quite annoying. Not sure why they just didn't have a built in 16 or 32 gigs at least but it is what it is. Is 16 enough? Or 32 more likely?

And if so, what are your thoughts? Which games do you recommend? And lastly, how big a memory card of you recommend?

I am likely going to buy one but the memory card fiasco is quite annoying. Not sure why they just didn't have a built in 16 or 32 gigs at least but it is what it is. Is 16 enough? Or 32 more likely?

I have a vita and enjoy it a lot i had the same problem with the memory card i ended up with 2 16 gig cards if you plan on downloading full games from psn you might want a bigger one since they tend to run 5 gig or larger

games i recommend are

uncharted

tearaway

rayman legends

killzone mercenary

gravity rush

little big planet

I was going to wait a year before buying the next gen system, but the wife sort of made the decision for me yesterday. She bought me an XBox One. I knew she'd be more interested in the XBox because of how it works more as a multimedia console.

She got me the Ryse game and Assassins Creed. I'm going to exchange the AC game as I didn't really enjoy 3. Ryse is pretty incredible graphically, but not all that fun.

However, I downloaded Max and my daughter and I are really enjoying it. One of the better Marketplace games, and it is family friendly. Graphics are pretty decent as well.

I was going to wait a year before buying the next gen system, but the wife sort of made the decision for me yesterday. She bought me an XBox One. I knew she'd be more interested in the XBox because of how it works more as a multimedia console.

She got me the Ryse game and Assassins Creed. I'm going to exchange the AC game as I didn't really enjoy 3. Ryse is pretty incredible graphically, but not all that fun.

However, I downloaded Max and my daughter and I are really enjoying it. One of the better Marketplace games, and it is family friendly. Graphics are pretty decent as well.

Gamertag? :popcorn:

Hold on there...I hated 3 but love 4. 4 is a vast improvement; it isn't even close.

I have a Vita with Uncharted, Marvel vs. Capcom, the Ninja Gaiden games and a couple of others. I love the tech, it just needs more games. I have the 8gb memory card and it's fine, but I'm only using it for game saves. If you're planning on downloading the games (as opposed to buying retail copies), you'll need bigger cards obviously.