• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

A better condition one sold for $11,000. That spike going up to 6 figures is amazing. I wanna know if that guy who wrote "Mario" on the game realizes how much money he could've had

A better condition one sold for $11,000. That spike going up to 6 figures is amazing. I wanna know if that guy who wrote "Mario" on the game realizes how much money he could've had

+1 :roflmao:

It seems like the auction is just being bid up for sport, and I can't imagine the seller will ever actually get paid that kind of money.

It's weird though...some of those bids are from people with high feedback numbers and not your typical zero or low feedback bidders just looking for a thrill.

It seems like the auction is just being bid up for sport, and I can't imagine the seller will ever actually get paid that kind of money.

It's weird though...some of those bids are from people with high feedback numbers and not your typical zero or low feedback bidders just looking for a thrill.

These days anyone can thrill bid, as eBay has gotten rid of Buyer Feedback.

Sellers won't even send a strike anymore, as they're all scared of getting Negs and 1-1-1-1 DSRs.

Sellers won't can't even send a strike anymore, as they're all scared of getting Negs and 1-1-1-1 DSRs.

Ebay took away the seller's ability to leave neutral or negative feedback for buyers. :baiting:

Sellers won't can't even send a strike anymore, as they're all scared of getting Negs and 1-1-1-1 DSRs.

Ebay took away the seller's ability to leave neutral or negative feedback for buyers. :baiting:

I already stated that with "as eBay has gotten rid of Buyer Feedback", and you do realize that a Strike (alerting eBay to a non-paying bidder) is different than a Neg, right? :baiting::baiting:

I already stated that with "as eBay has gotten rid of Buyer Feedback", and you do realize that a Strike (alerting eBay to a non-paying bidder) is different than a Neg, right? :baiting::baiting:

Except that e-bay doesn't even give a damn about the strikes either. lol There are buyers out there with over 20 strikes in the last 2 months, and e-bay has done nothing about them. :insane:

Exactly, so sellers are scared to send a strike because eBay does nothing and they'll get a neg and 1-1-1-1 DSRs from the "buyer".

I had an old "favorite sellers" list I used to buy from on eBay and I would estimate over 95% of them are long gone. No big surprise, as you might as well give away raw comics than sell on eBay.

Final price at the auctions end: $99,902 doh!

Now let's see if the seller actually gets paid.

Winning bidder has a feedback score of 776 and only placed one other bid during the auction, which was the very first bid on it (almost like it was his tracking bid).

there was a thread someone started about this "sale" earlier that got jacked for some reason. Maybe the mods didn't like it for some reason or wanted any game stuff to be contained to this thread, I dunno.

Anyways, a few notes for you guys:

a) this is the grey version which is the cheaper of the two

b) this grey is only worth 5, say 7k tops, in that condition, you're just looking at dillhole thrill bidders (dillbidders?).

c) nicer greys are only 10k, 12k tops.

d) the winning bidder claimed "his 2 year old bid on it". Riiiight.

e) in the aftermath someone did list a nicer one for 17,500 and it was sold and paid for immediately. Here's the link to the confirmed sale http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gray-Nintendo-World-Championships-0128-Grail-of-NES-Collecting-NWC-/141175794982?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item20debbad26&nma=true&si=KXcNR3CDSZGBrqu8jY1qHG6CEbs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Thanks for the update.

And yeah....A, B, and C I already new from hearing about past sales of the cartridge. Just thought it was odd that the winning bidder made the first bid on it and then didn't make another bid until about an hour before the end of the auction.

As far as D goes: Figures lol

there was a thread someone started about this "sale" earlier that got jacked for some reason. Maybe the mods didn't like it for some reason or wanted any game stuff to be contained to this thread, I dunno.

Anyways, a few notes for you guys:

a) this is the grey version which is the cheaper of the two

b) this grey is only worth 5, say 7k tops, in that condition, you're just looking at dillhole thrill bidders (dillbidders?).

c) nicer greys are only 10k, 12k tops.

d) the winning bidder claimed "his 2 year old bid on it". Riiiight.

e) in the aftermath someone did list a nicer one for 17,500 and it was sold and paid for immediately. Here's the link to the confirmed sale http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gray-Nintendo-World-Championships-0128-Grail-of-NES-Collecting-NWC-/141175794982?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item20debbad26&nma=true&si=KXcNR3CDSZGBrqu8jY1qHG6CEbs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

lol

There was a time when a headline about an ebay auction actually meant something.

They did it to themselves.

Just got me a PS4 yesterday! :headbang:

Too bad I had to visit the clinic right after as I'm sick as a dog... Some viral infection :(

Terrible timing lol

Too bad the launch games are so meh, I regret trading my PS3 towards my PS4. Can't wait for Dark Souls 2, kept my 360 for just this reason.