• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Posted this in the statue thread, but I figured I'd post here too.

I just received the Nathan Drake statue put out by Sideshow. This thing is incredible.

drake1_zps4d6258b9.jpg

drake2_zpsa02da3c7.jpg

drake3_zps333d227d.jpg

drake4_zpseb80019e.jpg

drake5_zps4949d989.jpg

drake8_zpsfc54f4f3.jpg

drake7_zps9df302a1.jpg

drake6_zps1565deeb.jpg

there was a thread someone started about this "sale" earlier that got jacked for some reason. Maybe the mods didn't like it for some reason or wanted any game stuff to be contained to this thread, I dunno.

Anyways, a few notes for you guys:

a) this is the grey version which is the cheaper of the two

b) this grey is only worth 5, say 7k tops, in that condition, you're just looking at dillhole thrill bidders (dillbidders?).

c) nicer greys are only 10k, 12k tops.

d) the winning bidder claimed "his 2 year old bid on it". Riiiight.

e) in the aftermath someone did list a nicer one for 17,500 and it was sold and paid for immediately. Here's the link to the confirmed sale http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gray-Nintendo-World-Championships-0128-Grail-of-NES-Collecting-NWC-/141175794982?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item20debbad26&nma=true&si=KXcNR3CDSZGBrqu8jY1qHG6CEbs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

see above.

Rare NES game listed for $7,000 almost sells for $100,000 on eBay

A guy almost makes $100k selling his Nintendo game on eBay

Does not look like the original auction actually completed. Winning bidder had triple digit feedback, but its been relisted just today and already back up to $65K+

Relist

This amazing Gold cart just popped up in better condition and broke $100K with still nearly 6 days left.

Gold cart 6 figures auction

Does not look like the original auction actually completed. Winning bidder had triple digit feedback, but its been relisted just today and already back up to $65K+

Relist

This amazing Gold cart just popped up in better condition and broke $100K with still nearly 6 days left.

It's funny cause the guy had to decrease the buy it now to 65k because of the Gold cart that popped up. Which may also be the reason why the original one wasn't paid for lol

Relist

It's funny cause the guy had to decrease the buy it now to 65k because of the Gold cart that popped up. Which may also be the reason why the original one wasn't paid for lol

Interesting comment. I did notice allot of retractions on that original auction. As they say timing is everything. I think that Gold one is going allot higher from here.

Relist

Interesting comment. I did notice allot of retractions on that original auction. As they say timing is everything. I think that Gold one is going allot higher from here.

Just goes to show you, you can never believe what you read on the internet. Did you check out the bidding action on the original? Look at all those unique bidders between $80K & $99K. That is painfully allot of coin to lose on the relist.

Will heritage sell items like these?

Don't think there is an official slot for this category. I tried searching, "VGA", "NES," and "Nintendo;" came up with zero hits. I can not imagine them not wanting to sell something like this, given the fees they charge on the buyer and seller.

There's really no auction house apart from game gavel which has extremely limited engagement with the collector dollar. The hobby isnt deep enough yet to support heritage style sales. It's mainly collector to collector right now, there's barely even any true dealers. Guys used to collecting comics might forget this but with a younger growing hobby the flip side of more opportunity is less infrastructure and less liquidity. It's ridiculously easy to find a buyer for a higher end comic. It's harder on a game but the potential rewards are much higher.

Just got me a PS4 yesterday! :headbang:

Too bad I had to visit the clinic right after as I'm sick as a dog... Some viral infection :(

Terrible timing lol

Too bad the launch games are so meh, I regret trading my PS3 towards my PS4. Can't wait for Dark Souls 2, kept my 360 for just this reason.

Yeah, I'd be pretty bummed if I didn't still have my PS3 too.

The PlayStation Store has a deal on right now for Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition for 35 bucks. On sale till this Friday and only in North America. A few other games are on sale as well including Assassins Creed Black Flag

There's really no auction house apart from game gavel which has extremely limited engagement with the collector dollar. The hobby isnt deep enough yet to support heritage style sales. It's mainly collector to collector right now, there's barely even any true dealers. Guys used to collecting comics might forget this but with a younger growing hobby the flip side of more opportunity is less infrastructure and less liquidity. It's ridiculously easy to find a buyer for a higher end comic. It's harder on a game but the potential rewards are much higher.

Words of wisdom. It's definitely a collectible genre in its infancy. I should have bought the gold cart I was offered 10 years ago for 5K. :sorry:

Anyone know their ancient game systems? I'm looking into getting an Atari 800, but I need to know what components I'll need to get playing right out of the box. I had a Commodore 64 a long time ago, and I figure it's similar. Unfortunately, my aging memory won't allow me to remember these things. Can it be hooked up to a TV, or do I need one of the old monitors? Thanks for any info.

Words of wisdom. It's definitely a collectible genre in its infancy. I should have bought the gold cart I was offered 10 years ago for 5K. :sorry:

Its all hindsight. 10 years ago 5k was overpriced. I sold a gold cart for 8k or something in 2007.

Truth be told I was glad to be rid of it. There are much more compelling video game collectibles in my eyes. The labels on the golds are handmade by some kid with a company desk printer and a bad pair of scissors. Glued on with glue stick. I'm not kidding. It looks homemade because it basically was.

And, the guts of the gold are the same as the grey, and the outer casing is just a zedla casing with a cut out for the dip switches. So you could literally buy a grey and create an extremely convincing fake gold. That scam will be attempted one day. The only thing holding it together right now is provenance, but there will come a time a fake is marketed as a previously unknown copy or just sold to someone who doesn't know to ask about the provenance trail.