• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

but I thought the dialog always kept the game moving along.

About an hour in, I wanted to find the voice actor for Handsome Jack and put my fist through his stomach. :mad:

And there are some really bad acting sequences in the game, like anything with Angel in it. Tiny Tina's voice acting was at least good (even if the writing was bad), but some of them were terrible, like Maya when she gets angry. "I'll get you Jack!". doh!

They played on the cheesy lines. I really liked both the first and the second game. I would recommend them to anyone who likes shooters. Tiny Tina needs another game! :cloud9:

How much longer do they plan to release PS3 and 360 games? Interesting that Dark Souls II isn't on a next gen system.
Like PS2 and the first X-box, they'll most likely support the last gen systems for quite a while.

I do wish DS2 was next gen, but I doubt the Xbone could play it :shy:

How much longer do they plan to release PS3 and 360 games? Interesting that Dark Souls II isn't on a next gen system.
Like PS2 and the first X-box, they'll most likely support the last gen systems for quite a while.

Hey now- I have an XBox One and I'm enjoying it. Big problem is the lack of games, but I bought Forza Motorsports for my snow-cation and I like it.

Hey now- I have an XBox One and I'm enjoying it. Big problem is the lack of games, but I bought Forza Motorsports for my snow-cation and I like it.

:foryou: I tease

Both systems have their goods and bads, that Forza has always looked stellar.

:foryou: I tease

Both systems have their goods and bars, that Forza has always looked stellar.

Look incredible and plays pretty well. It shows a lot of promise for the next game and is impressive for a launch title. From what I've read, the lack of content in this game bothers the diehard fans of the series.

Ok...it's quite possible that I was the last person on the planet that owns a Sony game system and hadn't played the God of War games yet. If you've already played them, feel free to skip my post. If not, I thought I would offer a quick review.

About a year ago, I purchased the God of War Saga Collection for $20 for my PS3.

711719990697-2T.jpg

I thought it was a great deal to get 5 games for that price. It comes with 2 Blu-ray discs which include:

1) God of War

2) God of War II

3) God of War III

It also included a voucher to go online and download the following (which I think were originally PSP games):

4) God of War: Chains of Olympus

5) God of War: Ghost of Sparta

I decided to go ahead and purchase at that time because the download vouchers were all going to expire on 3/31/2013. So I purchased the game, opened it, downloaded the included games, and never touched it again until I recently played the first God of War game.

I really enjoyed it (enough to go back through a second time to get the Platinum Trophy). It reminded me a little of the very first Tomb Raider game (which was one of my favorite games on the original PlayStation)...except with better graphics and more action. It included some fun exploration, some cool puzzles to solve, and several boss battles that were a bit frustrating but not impossible (which I suppose is how they should be).

I've only played the first game, but I feel I've already got my money's worth out of the $20 I originally spent on it. It's still available on Amazon for $20 and you can find it at this link.. I'm looking forward to playing the others.

Also...according to this Playstation link, Sony has extended the voucher deadline until 3/31/2014 for the two downloadable games. So...if you have never played these games but have wanted to...time is running out (at least for the 2 downloadable games).

Be forewarned however, these are mature content games which include quite a bit of gore, mature themes, and some nudity.

GOW III's platinum is do-able in one play through :shy:

I haven't played the third one yet.

But is it possible in the first one? Seems like it would be extremely tough...if not impossible...with the time limit they put on you to play through the complete game to earn the platinum trophy.

Only way I did it in the first game in the series was to...

...play through the second time on the "easy" setting after earning the additional costumes. I played with the DairyBastard costume (which was pretty funny) since it offered unlimited magic. That allows you to go through much faster.

GOW III's platinum is do-able in one play through :shy:

I haven't played the third one yet.

But is it possible in the first one? Seems like it would be extremely tough...if not impossible...with the time limit they put on you to play through the complete game to earn the platinum trophy.

Only way I did it in the first game in the series was to...

...play through the second time on the "easy" setting after earning the additional costumes. I played with the DairyBastard" costume since it offered unlimited magic. That allows you to go through much faster.

You can also roll through the game, instead of running everywhere lol

But you're right, you need two playthroughs for one.