• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

That hood looks awesome :o

I also pre-ordered the Hardcover Game Guide of DS2.

We can play together :foryou:

(I didn't order the guide, so I'll need your help lol )

I can use all the help I can get for DS2 lol
(thumbs u Platinums here we come!!

Just got the beta for titanfall!!

So did I. Open to all on the Xbox One.

http://majornelson.com/2014/02/15/xbox-one-titanfall-beta-opening-up-to-everyone/

Damn got my email today , entered a code . Felt special, thanks for ruining my parade

pS

Game fast paced, a lot going on , but awesome at same time

Sorry didn't mean to ruin your parade. :foryou:

You are correct, it is fast paced. Reminds me of COD.

How much longer do they plan to release PS3 and 360 games? Interesting that Dark Souls II isn't on a next gen system.

At least a year hardcore (ignoring the next-gen systems) as these are titles already in the pipeline, and then a few years after that with top-tier, aaa multi-plat and sports games. The sheer number of xbox 360 and PS3 systems out there means that these will outsell next-gen for the near future.

That's why (especially with no backwards compatibility this gen :screwy: ) it's not economical to buy a PS4 or Xbox One at release, as you're just wasting warranty while it gathers dust.

Just game on current gen, wait a year or two for the next-gen games to build up (and for prices on old PS4/Xbox One games to tank), for Sony/MS to release a smaller/quieter/lower-power/lower-priced revision (about 1+ years for a die-shrink), and then scoop one up.

From what I've heard the major differences would be an upgrade in the graphics department, included DLC and costumes from the get go.

The digital copies on PS3 and Xbox have the DLC as well, and I actually like the original graphics, as the PS4/Xbox One version changes the face and body to fit the new actress (why, I have no idea?) - I prefer the original Lara myself.

What Has Happened to Lara Croft's Face in PS4 Port Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition?

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/01/what_has_happened_to_lara_crofts_face_in_ps4_port_tomb_raider_definitive_edition

They also got rid of the "grim and gritty" Lara in favor of a more PG-line:

Honestly, from this limited footage, I like the original face better, though I’ll have to reserve final judgement for when I play the game itself. There’s also a tangential critique about Croft not looking as “gritty and dirty” in the new footage, when the old version of the character was constantly covering in blood, mud and grime.

8-bit. :sumo:

How much longer do they plan to release PS3 and 360 games? Interesting that Dark Souls II isn't on a next gen system.

At least a year hardcore (ignoring the next-gen systems) as these are titles already in the pipeline, and then a few years after that with top-tier, aaa multi-plat and sports games. The sheer number of xbox 360 and PS3 systems out there means that these will outsell next-gen for the near future.

That's why (especially with no backwards compatibility this gen :screwy: ) it's not economical to buy a PS4 or Xbox One at release, as you're just wasting warranty while it gathers dust.

Just game on current ten, wait a year or two for the next-gen games to build up (and for prices on old PS4/Xbox One games to tank), for Sony/MS to release a smaller/quieter/lower-power/lower-priced revision (about 1+ years for a die-shrink), and then scoop one up.

That was my wife and I's original plan- I think I've mentioned this before. She, however, didn't know what to get me for Christmas and had just gotten a nice bonus. Thus she chose to buy an XBox One spur of the moment. I was amazed. We had discussed waiting a year and making a decision then.

However, I'm sure we would have ended up with a XBox One as we like the multimedia aspect of the system. We barely touched the PS3 beyond watching Blurays.

My opinion on Sony and the PS3 is mixed. The games that blew me away on the last gen system were on the PS3 (Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us). However, the bulk of games and time on a system were on the 360.

The 360 was also a lot easier for the kids and all the extra stuff you do on a system. There was a two month span where my XBox was being "fixed" by Microsoft. My daughter, who was young at the time, never got comfortable with the layout on the PS3 where on the flip side the 360 had been second nature for her. We don't have Cable so the systems are how we watch TV.

Sorry long winded response…

Just got the beta for titanfall!!

Mine just finished downloading but now my grumpy son is watch Fireman Sam! I'll have to wait till later to test out it.

This is the game I'm probably most excited about so far on the XBox One. I hope it feels like a full game and not a launch title. I've been blown away by the graphics and some of the capabilities of the system, but I don't feel anything has lived up to it with the content. Games like Ryse and Forza are incredible and show a lot of promise, but they just feel like they were rushed or didn't have enough time. I've enjoyed Dead Rising, but it feels like it could have been on the 360 and it isn't really my type of game.

Hopefully Titansfall delivers. Sorry second long post in here.

[i've been blown away by the graphics and some of the capabilities of the system, but I don't feel anything has lived up to it with the content. Games like Ryse and Forza are incredible and show a lot of promise, but they just feel like they were rushed or didn't have enough time.

Everyone knows that 99% of release games for a new console are pure junk and are unfinished/rush jobs designed so that early adopters have something to waste their money on. It's how it's always been for the past several console generations - the days of the "release killer app" are long gone.

I played Ryse, and OMG are you being kind. If I paid full retail for that, I'd be cutting my credit card up, as I don't deserve to own one. :insane:

[i've been blown away by the graphics and some of the capabilities of the system, but I don't feel anything has lived up to it with the content. Games like Ryse and Forza are incredible and show a lot of promise, but they just feel like they were rushed or didn't have enough time.

Everyone knows that 99% of release games for a new console are pure junk and are unfinished/rush jobs designed so that early adopters have something to waste their money on. It's how it's always been for the past several console generations - the days of the "release killer app" are long gone.

I played Ryse, and OMG are you being kind. If I paid full retail for that, I'd be cutting my credit card up, as I don't deserve to own one. :insane:

It also takes developers at least 2-3 years to understand how to optimize a new platform, so even when decent launch titles do come along, they aren't really an indication of what the hardware is capable of.

When you buy a new console at launch, you're paying for the novelty, and that's about it.

I'd sort of agree on Ryse. My wife got it in a bundle from Best Buy and I'm not a fan. It is very short and very monotonous.

Still graphically, it is pretty incredible.

I made it through perhaps the most evil video game level ever conceived over the weekend, Blighttown. if you play or have played Dark Souls you will understand why I think this game level is pure evil.
I know what you mean :pullhair:

Have you been to Tomb of the Giants yet?

That's a tough level too.

Dark Souls is the most evil game I've ever played :pullhair:

It's more evil than Ghost & Goblins :pullhair: :pullhair:

I can't tell how many times I died in the game (enough to make the Grim Reaper retire early :insane: )

Tomb of the giants is tough, but you can bait the enemies to attack one by one, whereas in Blighttown they swarm. And Blighttown has those snipers who can make you toxic with two hits from their darts.

Ok, to revise my previous claim that Blighttown was pure evil. Sen's Fortress, is pretty evil too.