• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Looks like there will be an animated film based on the video game Arkham Asylum:

LINK

For fans of the series, which of the three Arkham games do you feel is the best?

City, that game was damn near perfection. I can't get into Origins at all, it feels way too clunky and it really shows it was made by a different developer. I was disappointed that the Azrael and Hush snippets from City weren't followed up into something that was more integral to the main storyline. A prequel really killed my excitement over that.

Looks like there will be an animated film based on the video game Arkham Asylum:

LINK

For fans of the series, which of the three Arkham games do you feel is the best?

City, that game was damn near perfection. I can't get into Origins at all, it feels way too clunky and it really shows it was made by a different developer. I was disappointed that the Azrael and Hush snippets from City weren't followed up into something that was more integral to the main storyline. A prequel really killed my excitement over that.

Completely agree, didn't even finish Origins.

I would have put the $5 extra on just to be able to play RDR off the HD.

Yeah...I actually thought about doing that and probably should have (I suppose I could still download it on sale for $7.50 right now). I just figured I probably wouldn't use it since I already have the disc version and have completed it.

I'm probably not what most would call a typical gamer. I've played and loved video games since I was a little kid....Atari 2600....Colecovision....Commodore 64....etc.

I still enjoy games, but I just don't seem to play them that much. I also can't seem to pass up a bargain...and when a game I've been eyeing goes on sale for $20 or less, I grab it.

Unfortunately (or fortunately...depending on how you look at it), I now have a huge backlog of games I haven't played...including 9 on my hard drive and about 20 disc based games...most still unopened. And many of these are big titles like....Uncharted 1 and 3 (still need to pick up 2)....the last 2 Tombraider games....God of War II and III.....Bioshock.....Dead Space.....Assassin's Creed....etc. doh!

I would have put the $5 extra on just to be able to play RDR off the HD.

Yeah...I actually thought about doing that and probably should have (I suppose I could still download it on sale for $7.50 right now). I just figured I probably wouldn't use it since I already have the disc version and have completed it.

I'm probably not what most would call a typical gamer. I've played and loved video games since I was a little kid....Atari 2600....Colecovision....Commodore 64....etc.

I still enjoy games, but I just don't seem to play them that much. I also can't seem to pass up a bargain...and when a game I've been eyeing goes on sale in the $15 to $20 range, I grab it.

Unfortunately (or fortunately...depending on how you look at it), I now have a huge backlog of games I haven't played...including 9 on my hard drive and about 20 disc based games...most still unopened. And many of these are big titles like....Uncharted 1 and 3 (still need to pick up 2)....the last 2 Tombraider games....God of War II and III.....Bioshock.....Dead Space.....Assassin's Creed....etc. doh!

You haven't played Dead Space yet?! :o Dude, you are going to be in for one hell of a scary and sick ride.

You haven't played Dead Space yet?! :o Dude, you are going to be in for one hell of a scary and sick ride.

Yeah...I've heard really good things about it....I really need to play that one.

I also got Infamous as a free download from Sony when they had their online service go down a few years ago...still haven't played it either. doh!

And get this....when I bought my PS3 (fat version) years ago...it came with Metal Gear Solid 4. It's still unopened. :boo:

Yeah...I've heard really good things about it....I really need to play that one.

I also got Infamous as a free download from Sony when they had their online service go down a few years ago...still haven't played it either. doh!

And get this....when I bought my PS3 (fat version) years ago...it came with Metal Gear Solid 4. It's still unopened. :boo:

WHOA!

I'm going to have to turn in my Junior G-Man Gamers card. :(

F.Y.I. The dead space series is In my opinion the new DOOM.

Fair comparison.

Also, of all of them, DS 3 is more a third-person shooter than primarily survival horror.

Who else wold like to see Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and Legend of the Windwaker on the 3ds? I think they'd make great ports or even 'Graphically Enhanced' versions for the 3D Handheld system.

Who else wold like to see Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and Legend of the Windwaker on the 3ds? I think they'd make great ports or even 'Graphically Enhanced' versions for the 3D Handheld system.

I Would love to be able to play on my 3ds: Majora's mask, quest 64, jet force Gemini, banjo & kazooie and super Mario rpg legend of the 7 stars.

Ok...stupid noob gaming question for those that have played L.A. Noire or Max Payne 3...or I guess any game with downloadable content made available after a game has already been released.

I just purchased L.A. Noire and the Rockstar Pass for it...as well as the Ultimate Edition of Max Payne 3 (which I take it is the game with the Rockstar Pass bundled with it). My understanding is that the Rockstar Pass gives you all the downloadable content for each game.

My question...since I've never actually purchased downloadable content for a game....is what is the best way to play them?

Should I play through the games first and then download the additional content and play it?

Or is it meant to be downloaded all together and played as one continuous game?

Or does it even matter?

Ok...stupid noob gaming question for those that have played L.A. Noire or Max Payne 3...or I guess any game with downloadable content made available after a game has already been released.

I just purchased L.A. Noire and the Rockstar Pass for it...as well as the Ultimate Edition of Max Payne 3 (which I take it is the game with the Rockstar Pass bundled with it). My understanding is that the Rockstar Pass gives you all the downloadable content for each game.

My question...since I've never actually purchased downloadable content for a game....is what is the best way to play them?

Should I play through the games first and then download the additional content and play it?

Or is it meant to be downloaded all together and played as one continuous game?

Or does it even matter?

It generally doesn't matter. Usually it gets played after the fact because it comes out after the fact. However, a lot of it could just be played in the natural flow of the game and you might not even realize you were playing the DLC. I've had that happen with a few games.

I'd download it before.

Since there is a movie thread and I know for a fact a lot of you guys are retrogamers/gamers I thought we should have a thread for sharing our latest finds, what are we playing and collections...

Pour yourself a nice beer, share some photos and let your inner gamer nerd run wild!

:headbang:

Sweet! Well my favorite game in the collection changes all the time but right now its this. True first print, sealed.

Sure, its a common game, common sealed even but you're talking white seal variants (4th print). At best you find a gold seal (3rd) but you're not finding a hangtab (2nd). If you're lucky enough to find a hangtab, it sure as heck won't be a sticker sealed (1st). This is the only sticker sealed one I've seen and I've been collecting 11 years. And then its high grade as well. :cloud9: And what is really by far the most important game on the NES and the most important game nintendo ever published. IMHO.

P1000071.JPG

Ummm...wow. can't believe I overlooked this game! Coolest of all coolest things out there.

If it's for sale plz hit me up!!

I finally finished Red Dead Redemption today.....two and a half years after I thought I had already finished it. doh!

******* MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW THIS LINE *********

I really liked the game and there was kind of an ending to it and then it put you back at home with your family. I thought it was strange that I never saw the game credits roll....but all it had me doing was simple and mundane farm tasks....so I thought it was over and you could just play these mini-games if you wanted to keep playing.

However, it always sort of bugged me that I never saw the credits, so I figured I might as well check online. A 10 second search told me that the game was not yet over. :boo:

So, I stopped reading before I saw any big spoilers and went back and finished the game. I couldn't believe it...I didn't even know that John Marston frigging dies at the end and that you finish the game as his son! The last time I played the game was in November of 2011. It was nice to finally see those credits at the end of the game.

I finally finished Red Dead Redemption today.....two and a half years after I thought I had already finished it. doh!

******* MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW THIS LINE *********

I really liked the game and there was kind of an ending to it and then it put you back at home with your family. I thought it was strange that I never saw the game credits roll....but all it had me doing was simple and mundane farm tasks....so I thought it was over and you could just play these mini-games if you wanted to keep playing.

However, it always sort of bugged me that I never saw the credits, so I figured I might as well check online. A 10 second search told me that the game was not yet over. :boo:

So, I stopped reading before I saw any big spoilers and went back and finished the game. I couldn't believe it...I didn't even know that John Marston frigging dies at the end and that you finish the game as his son! The last time I played the game was in November of 2011. It was nice to finally see those credits at the end of the game.

That part crushed me. Seeing the barn door open and all those guys standing there. That part got me very upset....that along side with Dom dying from gears 3 were the two times in video games that I got choked up. :cry:

Here's an interesting sale. This was one of the first notable games I saw sell on ebay when I started collecting in 2002. It sold for $202.50 at the time and it seemed like a fortune then. Things have gone up a bit!

Just thought I'd post it as people sometimes have a perception that its only the rare games that do well, but high demand ones in nice grade do great also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FACTORY-PLASTIC-H-SEALED-NEW-SNES-SUPER-NINTENDO-MEGA-MAN-X2-/121282195549?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c3cfb705d