• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List of Silver-Age keys... (for use in CGC Census Analysis)

68 posts in this topic

Green Lantern 8 - 1st 5700 AD story

Without a doubt one of the most important, but underrated, keys in the history of comics. Wa-a-a-a-a-y underpriced in the Guide. tongue.gif

Nah, you're just pumping it cause you have the 9.4! tongue.gif ( hail.gif )

Green Lantern 8 - 1st 5700 AD story

Without a doubt one of the most important, but underrated, keys in the history of comics. Wa-a-a-a-a-y underpriced in the Guide. tongue.gif

Nah, you're just pumping it cause you have the 9.4! tongue.gif ( hail.gif )

27_laughing.gif Caught redhanded! blush.gif Oh well, subtlety was never my strong suit. sorry.gif

The lists are very good and complete..however I have a few that I think should be added to the list

Tales to Astonish 70--Predates Subby 1 and Iron Man vs Submanier one shot by a month of I remember correctly

JLA 9--Origin Issue

Although not as nice as their showcase appearance still an important book

Showcase 43--Ian Fleming+James Bond===A comic that can crossover to collectors not concerned about comics

Tales os Suspense 58 and 59---2 words Captain America

Starnge Tales 114---Predates Avengers 4

I know its not really him but..............

The lists are very good and complete..however I have a few that I think should be added to the list

Tales to Astonish 70--Predates Subby 1 and Iron Man vs Submanier one shot by a month of I remember correctly

JLA 9--Origin Issue

Although not as nice as their showcase appearance still an important book

Showcase 43--Ian Fleming+James Bond===A comic that can crossover to collectors not concerned about comics

Tales os Suspense 58 and 59---2 words Captain America

Starnge Tales 114---Predates Avengers 4

I know its not really him but..............

i'm all over your nomination of ST #114 - one of my all time favorite Marvels....... cloud9.gif

perhaps you had to be a 15 year old collector who had only "heard" about Captain America up to that point. but that cover just blew me away. so here it is as originally purchased by me at Sid's back in the Fall of 1963 cloud9.gif;

1135096280524_Strange_Tales_031.jpg

Always loved that cover but I have to admit I was disappointed when I found out it was Battrock not Cap. frown.gif If it really was Cap I think this book would fetch 3x what it does now.

is Battrock (sic) a future edition of the Acrobat??? (as i seem to recall that's who was posing as Cap..........).

and i recall being a tad disappointed, as well (but still quite intrigued over the whole premise).

and, of course, just 4 months later in March 1964, the rationale behind the story was revealed................. acclaim.gif

The Acrobat was a completely different charactor then Batroc. He also came back to battle Cap in Suspence # 82 or maybe # 83 later. He also fought Cap. in the Bronze age.